hey there, peanut butter enthusiasts!
happy Super Bowl Sunday!! today, i’m thrilled to share with you a fantastic recipe for lightened-up peanut butter chocolate crunch squares.
not only are these treats delicious, but they’re also a bit lighter than your typical rice crispy treats.
let’s dive right in and explore everything you need to know about these yummy squares.
how to make them
making these squares is EASY.
simply mix together 4 cups of hard brown rice cereal, 1 cup of runny peanut butter, 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract, and 1/3 cup of maple syrup.
once combined, press the mixture into a parchment-lined baking dish and freeze until firm.
then, pour over a melted mixture of 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
freeze again until set, cut into squares, and enjoy! easy enough, right?
taste and texture
the taste of these squares is divine – a perfect balance of rich peanut butter and decadent chocolate.
the texture is wonderfully crunchy from the brown rice cereal, with a smooth layer of chocolate on top that adds an extra layer of indulgence.
i used unsweetened chocolate chips (pascha is my fave), but any kind will work!
these squares can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
if you want to enjoy them for longer, they also freeze beautifully.
feel free to get creative with substitutions! almond butter can replace peanut butter, and agave can substitute maple syrup if preferred.
how to make them gluten-free
to make these squares gluten-free, ensure that your brown rice cereal is certified gluten-free. all other ingredients in this recipe are naturally gluten-free, so you can indulge without worry!
batch and freeze for meal prep
these squares are perfect for meal prep!
make a batch over the weekend, cut them into squares, and store them in the freezer.
simply grab one whenever you need a quick snack or dessert – they’ll thaw perfectly in just a few minutes.
there you have it – lightened-up peanut butter chocolate crunch squares that are sure to become a new favorite in your snack rotation.
they’re easy to make, absolutely delicious, and perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings. give them a try and let me know what you think!
if you love Lightened-Up Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Squares, then try these other recipes from upbeetandkaleingitblog
are you going to make my Lightened-Up Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Squares?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
post contains affiliate links!
Lightened-Up Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch SquaresCourse: Desserts, No Bake
4 cups crispy rice cereal (check to make sure vegan)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 cup runny peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 and 1/4 cup chocolate chips
1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- prepare the base: in a large mixing bowl, combine the brown rice cereal, runny peanut butter, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. stir well until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- form the squares: transfer the mixture into a parchment paper-lined square baking dish, pressing it down firmly and evenly to create a smooth layer.
- freeze the base: place the dish in the freezer and allow the mixture to firm up for about 2 hours, or until it’s solidified.
- prepare the chocolate topping:in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in short intervals, stirring frequently until smooth and fully melted.
- add the chocolate topping:remove the baking dish from the freezer and pour the melted chocolate mixture evenly over the chilled peanut butter rice crisp base, spreading it out with a spatula to cover the entire surface.
- freeze again:return the dish to the freezer and let it chill for another 1-2 hours, or until the chocolate layer is set.
- cut into squares: once the chocolate layer has hardened, remove the dish from the freezer and lift the parchment paper to transfer the whole slab onto a cutting board. using a sharp knife, cut the chilled mixture into squares of your desired size.
- garnish and serve: sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the top of each square for an extra burst of flavor. serve immediately and store the squares in the freezer. thaw before eating and enjoy!