CANDY WEEK DAY TWO!
if you’re in the mood for an unreal vegan treat, look no further than these incredible vegan date pretzel twix cookies.
they combine the nutty goodness of almond and oat flours with a luscious date and pretzel filling, all encased in a layer of rich, melted chocolate!!
these cookies are not only mouthwateringly delicious but also dairy-free and perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings with amazing ingredients.
these cookies offer a unique twist on the classic twix bars!
instead of the traditional biscuit base, they feature a combination of almond and oat flours that provide a nutty and wholesome foundation.
the date and pretzel filling, reminiscent of the iconic caramel layer in twix bars, adds a sweet and slightly salty contrast.
to top it off, a generous coating of melted chocolate ties everything together, creating an out of this world cookie that captures the essence of twix bars while providing a vegan, gluten-free, and super scrumptious alternative!!
these cookies boast a medley of textures, y’all. the cookie base, crafted from a blend of almond and oat flours, has a tender and crumbly texture.
the date and pretzel filling adds a chewy and slightly crunchy component, reminiscent of the classic twix caramel layer with an extra layer of complexity from the pretzels.
finally, the luscious layer of melted chocolate on the exterior delivers a smooth and glossy finish, providing a satisfying snap when you take that first bite.
you can easily adapt the cookies by substituting the creamy peanut butter with another nut butter of your choice like almond butter or cashew butter.
just ensure that the nut butter is runny to achieve the desired consistency for the date pretzel filling and the base of the cookies.
here are some of my favorite brands that have runny peanut butter!
-Whole Foods 365 brand
if your peanut butter isn’t sufficiently runny, don’t worry—there’s a simple solution.
you can easily add a touch of coconut oil to the peanut butter to achieve the desired consistency.
this addition not only helps in making the filling smoother and more spreadable but also imparts a subtle coconut undertone that beautifully complements the other flavors in these cookies.
so, whether your peanut butter is a bit thick or you simply want to enhance the creaminess, a bit of coconut oil is the secret ingredient to ensure your cookies turn out perfectly.
if you love Vegan Date Pretzel Twix Cookies, try these other recipes from my blog!
are you going to make my Vegan Date Pretzel Twix Cookies!?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Vegan Date Pretzel Twix CookiesCourse: Cookies, Desserts
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup gluten free oat flour
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (make sure it’s very creamy or runny)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/8 cup almond milk
date pretzel filling:
1 cup medjool dates
1/3 cup runny peanut butter or any nut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/8 cup dairy-free milk (can add more if mixture too dry)
1 cup pretzels
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tbsp coconut oil
- preheat your oven to 350°f (180°c). in a mixing bowl, combine almond flour and oat flour.
add creamy peanut butter, maple syrup, and almond milk to the flours. mix until a dough forms.
- take a large spoonful of the dough and shape it into cookie rounds. place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 13-15 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown. remove them from the oven and let them cool. while the cookies are cooling, prepare the date pretzel filling. in a food processor, combine the medjool dates, runny peanut butter, pretzels, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and dairy-free milk. blend until you get a thick and grainy mixture. if it’s too dry, you can add more dairy-free milk.
- in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together, stirring until smooth. once the cookies have cooled, add a little bit of melted chocolate to the top and then a generous amount of the date pretzel filling onto the cookies. you can shape the filling into cookies too to make it easier! the chocolate will hold down the filling on top.
- place in the freezer for 10 minutes. remove and dip each “twix” cookie into the melted chocolate, ensuring it’s fully coated. place the coated cookies back on the parchment paper.
allow the chocolate to set by placing the cookies in the refrigerator for about 30-45 minutes.
once the chocolate has hardened, your incredible vegan date pretzel twix cookies are ready to enjoy. store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.