sometimes you just want a little something semi-sweet in the morning, and these Delicious and Easy Vegan Cinnamon Bagels are the perfect in-between for fuel and satisfying your sweet-tooth!
Delicious and Easy Vegan Cinnamon Bagels bagels only take about an hour to make including prep and bake time, so if you’re a busy-bee then these are perfect!
the bagel dough is pretty standard with yeast, lakanto, flour, almond milk, and dairy free yogurt!
i used lakanto, which is a 1:1 sugar sub made from monkfruit, but you’re more than welcome to use raw cane sugar.
in the past, i have made bagels with both and they’re equally as successful as far as the baking outcome goes.
the cinnamon crumble added to the bagels elevates these otherwise plain bagels to the next level!
it adds the perfect amount of texture while making you sort of feel like you’re eating a cinnamon roll.
if you’re a cinnamon lover, then these are seriously going to be perfect for you!
top the bagels with your choice of dairy free cream cheese or butter! i think these will be perfect for the fall too since you can spread a pumpkin filling to it to make it a cinnamon pumpkin spice delight!
here’s everything you need to make Delicious and Easy Vegan Cinnamon Bagels
rapid rise yeast
dairy free yogurt (i used forager vanilla)
all purpose unbleached flour
ok, so Delicious and Easy Vegan Cinnamon Bagels are not gluten free and i have not tested these particular ones with gluten free 1:1 flour.
of course you’re welcome to, but please bear in mind the result will not be the same in terms of texture.
also, if you’re looking for plain bagels, just omit the cinnamon crumble and use plain yogurt instead of vanilla!
for the yogurt here, i used forager vanilla, and it’s important to use a brand with a similar consistency. kite hill would be another good option!
as previously mentioned at the top, Delicious and Easy Vegan Cinnamon Bagels are not very sweet. at most, i would consider them semi-sweet.
if you are looking for sweeter bagels that are more like dessert, i recommend using a sweet cream cheese or even frosting for the filling!
if you love Delicious and Easy Vegan Cinnamon Bagels, then try these other recipes from upbeetandkaleingitblog
are you going to make my Delicious and Easy Vegan Cinnamon Bagels?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Delicious and Easy Vegan Cinnamon BagelsCourse: Snacks
1 packet rapid rise yeast
2 tbsp lakanto
1/2 cup warm almond milk
1/2 cup dairy free yogurt (see text for brand)
2 and 1/3 cup all purpose unbleached flour
pinch of salt
- cinnamon crumble
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/3 cup oats
1 tbsp yogurt
- you can top with melted butter, cinnamon and maple syrup (1/4 cup vegan butter, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1/2 tsp cinnamon)
- start by adding the yeast and lakanto (sub sugar) to a large mixing bowl. then, add warm almond milk and stir.
- let the mixture sit for a couple of minutes and then add the yogurt. combine well and then mix in the flour/salt.
- use your hands to mix the ingredients really well until a thick dough forms. knead it for a minute or so.
- set aside for 20 minutes and mix the cinnamon crumble ingredients.
- after 20 minutes, use your hands to work in and evenly distribute the cinnamon crumble into the dough.
- evenly divide the dough into 6 parts and roll out into a bagel.
- boil each bagel for about 1-1.5 minutes each and then add to a baking tray. brush on the cinnamon butter.
- bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes and enjoy!!