disclaimer: ALWAYS speak to your doctor about your hormonal health and consult with them first.
looking for a quick and easy way to support your hormone health? look no further than these hormone balancing overnight oats.
with just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a delicious and nutritious breakfast that will support your health.
in the morning, grab your jar of hormone balancing overnight oats from the fridge. you can enjoy it as is, or add your favorite toppings like more blueberries, a drizzle of nut butter, or a sprinkle of seeds for extra crunch and nutrition!!
these overnight oats are not only delicious but also packed with ingredients that can support hormone balance. the chia seeds and hemp seeds provide essential fatty acids, while the blueberries offer antioxidants.
plus, the dairy-free yogurt and milk options make this recipe perfect for those with lactose intolerance or dairy allergies.
let’s take a closer look at how some of these ingredients can benefit your hormone health:
- chia seeds: these tiny seeds are packed with fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. fiber helps regulate insulin levels, which is important for hormone balance. omega-3s are known for their anti-inflammatory properties, which can also support overall hormonal health.
- hemp seeds: like chia seeds, hemp seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and provide an excellent source of plant-based protein. they can help reduce inflammation in the body, which can have a positive impact on hormone regulation.
- coconut cream: the healthy fats in coconut cream can be beneficial for hormone production. healthy fats are essential for the synthesis of hormones in the body.
- dairy-free yogurt: choose one with probiotics! this yogurt provides probiotics that support gut health. a healthy gut microbiome is linked to improved hormone balance, as it can help with the elimination of excess hormones from the body.
- cinnamon: this spice may help improve insulin sensitivity, which in turn can aid in hormone regulation. it adds a delicious flavor to your oats while offering potential hormonal benefits.
ok, blueberries are SUCH a powerhouse, i eat at least a cup a day to support my hormonal health!
- antioxidants: blueberries are rich in antioxidants, particularly anthocyanins, which can help combat oxidative stress and inflammation. reducing inflammation in the body can have a positive impact on hormone regulation.
- fiber: these little berries are a good source of dietary fiber. fiber helps slow down the absorption of sugar in the bloodstream, which can help stabilize insulin levels. balanced insulin levels are crucial for hormonal health.
- vitamin c: blueberries are packed with vitamin c, which plays a role in the production of adrenal hormones like cortisol. maintaining healthy cortisol levels is essential for managing stress and overall hormone balance.
- polyphenols: blueberries contain various polyphenols, which have been studied for their potential hormone-modulating effects. these compounds can interact with hormone receptors and influence hormone activity in the body.
so, go ahead and enjoy those blueberries in your breakfast—because it’s such a tasty way to nurture your hormonal well-being!
when it comes to topping your hormone balancing overnight oats, there are plenty of delicious and nutritious choices to try!
- blueberries: these antioxidant-rich berries not only add a burst of flavor but also provide hormone-friendly benefits.
- nut butter: almond, peanut, or cashew butter can add healthy fats and protein to your oats, which can help stabilize blood sugar levels and support hormone balance.
- seeds: sprinkle some more chia seeds, flax meal or hemp seeds on top for extra fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and plant-based protein.
- fresh fruit: sliced bananas, strawberries, or raspberries can bring natural sweetness and additional vitamins to your oats.
- coconut flakes: these can add a tropical twist to your oats while providing healthy fats.
- cacao nibs: for a touch of chocolatey goodness that’s rich in antioxidants
- spices: consider a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger for added flavor and potential hormone-regulating benefits.
if you love Hormone Balancing Overnight Oats, then try these other recipes from upbeetandkaleingitblog
are you going to make my Hormone Balancing Overnight Oats?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Hormone Balancing Overnight OatsCourse: Breakfast, Oatmeal
you can add sweetener of choice if you would like! i recommend 1-2 tbsp maple syrup if desired
organic oats: 1 cup
coconut cream: 2 tbsp
vanilla extract: 1 tsp
dairy-free yogurt with probiotics: 3/4 cup
chia seeds: 2 tablespoons
hemp seeds: 2 tablespoons
frozen blueberries: 1 cup (can use fresh too)
dairy-free milk: 1 and 1/4 cup (add more if liquid is needed)
cinnamon: 1 tsp
- in a mason jar or airtight container, combine organic oats with the seeds, cinnamon and blueberries.
- then, add the coconut cream, yogurt, vanilla extract and dairy free milk.
- seal the container and give it a good shake to mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
place it in the refrigerator and let it sit overnight or for several hours. as the oats soak up the liquid, the flavors will meld together, creating a delightful, creamy texture.
- in the morning, grab your jar of hormone balancing overnight oats from the fridge. you can enjoy it as is and add a little more liquid if needed. also, add your favorite toppings like more blueberries, a drizzle of nut butter, or a sprinkle of seeds for extra crunch and nutrition.