do you like vegan chili? do you like pumpkin? if the answer is yes and yes, then Vegan Pumpkin Chili is for YOU. it’s positively packed with veggies, beans and greens, ya know all of the good stuff our bodies need to thrive. creamy pumpkin puree and tomato sauce once combined make the ultimate sauce combo.
this is the kind of meal that’s perfect on a chilly fall day. toppings like avocado and vegan cheese are great additions but not even necessary because the chili is so flavorful on its own!
like many of my savory recipes, this too is very versatile. if you don’t like a veggie, bean or green that i used, just swap it out for something else!
hope you enjoy and i am always thrilled to see your recreations!
ingredients and directions
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium cubed zucchini
- 12 oz cubed butternut squash
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced rainbow carrots
- 3 handfuls kale
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 can chickpeas ( liquid too)
- two 15 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil on medium high heat for two minutes.
- then, add the vegetables and kale.
- stir often and sauté another 4 minutes.
- next, add the spices, tomato sauce, pumpkin, chickpeas and vegetable broth.
- turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for another 50-55 minutes and stir periodically.