Vegan Mocha Butterfingers aka the tastiest Halloween candy in all of the land! it’s scary how much they resemble the original candy, i’m honestly amazed! i grew up eating butterfingers and while they weren’t my favorite candy, Vegan Mocha Butterfingers most certainly are. the key ingredient in Vegan Mocha Butterfingers is Jim’s Organic Coffee. it brings out the chocolate flavor so much! there are tons of reasons i love Jim’s Organic Coffee. from the incredible depth of flavor, to being certified Organic by the USDA and Oregon Tilth and Fairly Traded, Jim’s is an amazing brand to support.
all of Jim’s Organic Coffees are grown without synthetic pesticides and fertilizers – and they’re non-GMO! also, they’re all shade grown!! there are some key benefits to shade grown coffee: this allows for biodiverse shade, ranging from banana, mango & orange to old-growth trees. it limits the sun’s heat and drying effects on the topsoil and coffee cherries.
if you make Vegan Mocha Butterfingers, be sure to tag us so we can see your amazing recreations!! enjoy this deliciousness!
Thank you Jim’s Organic Coffee for sponsoring this post and supporting upbeetandkaleingit! it means so much to work with brands i love!
ingredients + directions
- 1 and 3/4 cup corn flakes (not the frosted kind)
- 2 tbsp room temp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp oat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Jim’s Organic Coffee Blend X (Witches Brew) *coffee should be already prepared and in liquid form, not the coffee grounds
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- add everything but the last four ingredients (chocolate chips, coffee, coconut oil and peanut butter) to a food processor and blend on high until everything is well-combined.
- on a parchment lined baking tray, form the mixture into the shape of butterfingers. mixture will be oily from the coconut oil, which is fine!
- place in the fridge for one hour.
- next, melt the chocolate chips, coconut oil, coffee and tbsp of peanut butter until a smooth consistency. dip the butterfingers and place back in the fridge to harden. can do two layers if you have enough chocolate sauce!
- store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container and thaw before eating!