Vegan and Gluten-Free Baked Apple Fritters are my newest creation and they are the dessert of fall, i said it.
the fritters are probably one of my all-time favorite desserts and that’s saying something.
i have declared some others my favorite in the past, but far and few. Vegan and Gluten-Free Baked Apple Fritters are it baby.
these gems are SOFT, fluffy and yet they’re dense at the same time. if you haven’t had a dessert that fits that criteria, i HIGHLY recommend you try Vegan and Gluten-Free Baked Apple Fritters.
Alex could not stop eating them and just kept saying “omg, these are the best things ever.” well, if hubby approves that much, then i did something right.
the key to make the fritters’ texture perfect is coconut yogurt, and it has to be very creamy.
you will need a whole cup and i recommend using cocojune if you can get ahold if it. that’s the creamiest brand i have found thus far.
another very creamy brand is Siggis, they make amazing plant based yogurt.
as far as apples go, i went with the cream of the crop (in my opinion) and that is a honeycrisp apple.
you only need one medium size honey crisp apple by the way! the honey crisp apple should be cut into super small pieces so they cook all the way through.
here’s everything you need to make Vegan and Gluten-Free Baked Apple Fritters
gluten free all purpose flour
organic cane sugar
extra virgin olive oil
honey crisp apple
a glaze of sorts or powdered sugar
i made a super simple glaze with vanilla frosting and coconut oil. you can always make a homemade one but this was super convenient and very tasty!
if you love my Vegan and Gluten-Free Baked Apple Fritters, then check out these other recipes from the blog!
are you going to make my Vegan and Gluten-Free Baked Apple Fritters?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Vegan and Gluten-Free Baked Apple FrittersCourse: Breads, Breakfast, Cookies, Desserts
1 cup almond flour
1 and 2/3 cup gf all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup organic cane sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup coconut yogurt (any creamy dairy free brand works but i prefer cocojune)
- 1 medium size honey crisp apple cut into super small pieces
3/4 cup store bought vanilla frosting
1 tbsp coconut oil
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- mix the fritter ingredients except the apples until a thick dough forms.
- then, fold in the apple pieces until evenly dispersed.
- scoop about 1/3 cup worth of dough and slightly flatten/shape with your fingers. you can make between 6 and 8 depending on how large or small the fritters are.
- bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. cool the fritters down and melt the coconut oil with the vanilla frosting.
- pour the glaze on top and you can place in the fridge for a bit for the glaze to set.
- store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container and enjoy!