it’s here! one of my most requested recipes ever that actually took quite some time to perfect. oh was it worth it though! Easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is the dessert of dreams. it’s made with real ingredients yet oh so richly decadent and beyond.
ah, i am on a roll with the no bake desserts and totally here for it! being summertime and all, i know this is much appreciated.
the crust is positively divine and then the chocolate peanut butter filling will exceed your expectations because it is DREAMY!
i’m really happy that i went with a no bake crust because it holds up excellently after being stored in the freezer. you can also store the pie in the fridge!
regarding the texture, it’s very firm after you remove the pie from the fridge or freezer.
that’s because the main filling ingredient is chocolate chips, which of course harden in a cool environment.
if you do store it in the freezer, the pie definitely needs to a thaw a bit before you eat it because it will be rock hard.
you can let it sit out long enough to get a firm, almost truffle like texture like i did, or even longer for a mousse! totally up to you and believe me, either is great.
let’s do a quick run through for what you need for the crust!
- almond flour
- oat flour
- cocoa powder
- maple syrup
- dairy free milk
isn’t that incredible? you can have a delicious and easy crust made within a couple of minutes using 5 ingredients.
now for the filling ingredients, which are just as easy and simple!
- chocolate chips
- dairy free milk
- runny peanut butter (recommend Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods brand)
- vanilla extract
yes, that’s it, just FOUR ingredients altogether!! this is what excites me most lol- making recipes beyond easy so that everyone feels comfortable making them.
now the filling has a whole cup of chocolate chips, which of course have cane sugar in them.
the crust also has 1/3 cup maple syrup in it.
while this pie is sweet, it’s not ridiculously sweet where you would say ooooo too much sugar.
i like being able to taste all of the flavors while not having them overpowered by sugar.
if you love my Easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie, these recipes are for you too!
are you going to make my Easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter PieCourse: Desserts, No BakeDifficulty: Easy
6-9 servings depending on portion sizes
- pie crust
1 cup almond flour
1 cup oat flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup dairy free milk (can add a little more if you think crust is too dry but start with my measurements- just taste test!)
1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
2/3 cup almond milk
1/2 cup runny peanut butter
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- mix the crust ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until a thick dough forms (mix the dry ones first and then add in wet ones). spread onto a parchment lined pie or cake pan and evenly distribute along the sides.
- the dough is slightly sticky, so you can ever so slightly wet your hands to mold the dough into a crust more easily.
- place in the freezer for about 20 minutes while you make the filling.
- for the filling, melt the chocolate chips and 1/3 cup dairy free milk in the microwave for about 60 seconds (or stovetop). then, add in the peanut butter, vanilla extract and another 1/3 cup dairy free milk.
- whisk until smooth and creamy texture and pour onto the crust. freeze for an hour and a half or longer if needed for filling to firm and set.
- store in the freezer or fridge in an airtight container and thaw before eating if storing in the freezer.