Vegan and Gluten Free No Bake Chocolate Date Rolls are the weekend treat that you have to make! they’re delicious, easy to put together, don’t require an oven, AND, happen to be on the healthier side.
the base is sweetened with only 1/4 cup maple syrup and then the chocolate center is made with dates and cocoa powder among a few other things.
that sounds super easy, right? well, promise, it is!
it’s way too hot to turn on an oven right now, at least here in Florida, so i am soaking in all of the no bake desserts that i can.
i do have a few variations of no bake rolls! the first is a no bake cinnamon roll recipe on my IG. also, i made these delicious Vegan and Gluten Free Funfetti Cake Rolls, which are PERFECT for birthdays.
you can truly get very creative with these rolls. in fact, you should see the next flavor coming, it’s pb and j baby!
let’s not get ahead of ourselves though, first we have to try Vegan and Gluten Free No Bake Chocolate Date Rolls, which are indeed a chocolate lover’s dream.
when it comes to the dough, i recommend rolling it out in between two sheets of parchment paper and cleaning it up from there!
this ensures the dough does not stick to a rolling pin and makes it a seamless process.
from there, you can trim the edges a bit and create a more even rectangle. i like to take leftover dough from trimming and add it back to the rectangle.
i keep rolling it out until i achieve the perfect amount of thickness.
about 1/3 inch is ideal here! you don’t want it too thin that the dough breaks when rolled up.
here’s everything you need to make Vegan and Gluten Free No Bake Chocolate Date Rolls
dairy free milk
if you love Vegan and Gluten Free No Bake Chocolate Date Rolls, then try these other recipes from my blog!
Vegan No Bake Sugar Cookie Bars
Vegan Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Fudge
Date Sweetened Raw Vegan Cheesecake
Copycat Chewy Bars (Vegan + GF)
No Bake Vegan Millionaire Shortbread Pie
Copycat Chewy Bars (Vegan + GF)
Healthy No Bake Vegan Birthday Cake Bars
Peanut Butter Cherry Chia Jam Cups
are you going to make Vegan and Gluten Free No Bake Chocolate Date Rolls?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
also, you can follow upbeetandkaleingit on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more vegan recipes!
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Vegan and Gluten Free No Bake Chocolate Date RollsCourse: Desserts, No Bake
1 cup + 6 tbsp gluten free oat flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup runny almond butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp almond milk or any dairy free
1 tsp vanilla extract
9 ounces medjool dates
1/3 cup dairy free milk
3 tbsp runny almond butter
3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 coconut butter or oil + 1 tbsp maple syrup and 1 tbsp cocoa powder for glaze
- add all dough ingredients to a food processor and blend until a thick dough forms.
- when you’re rolling out the dough, lay the dough on parchment paper. then, put another sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough.
- this enables a seamless process to roll out the dough into a large rectangle without the dough sticking to the counter or the rolling pin.
- add the chocolate date mixture ingredients to a food processor and blend until a sticky paste forms.
- then, add the chocolate date mixture to the rectangle and gently spread it out because the mixture is sticky. roll up carefully and place the roll in the freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- then, slice into rolls and enjoy! you can store in the fridge or freezer and just thaw/warm up before eating.