Marinara Pasta Bake with Vegan Meatballs is your new weeknight dinner recipe that the whole family will devour. seriously though, most people won’t even be able to tell it’s vegan!
the flavor is delicious and the vegan meatball texture is so on point. good quality ingredients are everything and this is a recipe you won’t want to miss out on.
basically, this is a semi-homemade recipe because i use pasta, store bought marinara and store-bought vegan cheese.
the meatballs are homemade though and that’s what really makes this recipe special.
the vegan meatballs are made with a base of cremini mushrooms and great northern white beans.
although i have not tried subs myself, you could possibly use chickpeas instead of white beans.
the only thing is, great northern white beans are softer and creamier, but i suppose you can always add a tiny bit of liquid if you feel the meatball batter is too thick with chickpeas.
the vegan meatballs bake separately from the pasta bake. they need about 16 minutes in the oven!
then, the pasta bake is going to cook for 12 minutes covered with aluminum foil and about 16-18 minutes uncovered.
after the pasta is done, the vegan meatballs and cheese can be added for a couple of minutes of broiling. this way, the cheese gets nice and melty!
here’s everything you need to make Marinara Pasta Bake with Vegan Meatballs
pasta of your choosing (used banza)
marinara sauce (used Rao’s)
vegan mozzarella cheese (used forager)
vegan coconut yogurt or cream cheese (used cocojune)
great northern white beans
if you love my Marinara Pasta Bake with Vegan Meatballs, then try these other pasta dishes from my blog!
are you going to make my Marinara Pasta Bake with Vegan Meatballs?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Marinara Pasta Bake with Vegan MeatballsCourse: Lunch u0026amp; Dinner, Pasta
- 1 box gluten free pasta
- 20 ounces marinara
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella
- 1/4 cup creamy coconut yogurt
- vegan meatballs
8 ounces cremini mushrooms
1 tbsp barbecue sauce
1 tbsp liquid aminos
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 can rinsed, drained and dried great northern white beans (15 ounces)
1/3 cup flax meal
1/3 cup oat flour
sea salt and pepper to taste
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- for the meatballs, add all ingredients but the flax meal, oat flour and beans to a food processor. pulse until a fine and grainy texture forms. then, add the flax meal and beans. pulse until a thick texture and still ever so slightly grainy.
- then, transfer to a bowl and mix in the oat flour. shape into smaller meatballs and bake at 375 for 16 minutes.
- for the pasta, add 1 box pasta to a 9 x 13 casserole. then, add 2 cups water, 1/4 cup creamy yogurt and 20 ounces marinara of your choosing.
- mix well and bake at 375 for 12 minutes covered with aluminum foil. remove the aluminum foil and bake another 16-18 minutes.
- then, add meatballs and cheese to the top and broil for a couple of minutes until the cheese is melted. enjoy!