aaaand introducing our delicious dinner creation, the Creamy Roasted Beet Vegan Pasta—a vibrant and nourishing masterpiece that combines the earthy goodness of roasted beets with the rich creaminess of cashews, all enveloped in a velvety vegan sauce.
this dish is such a celebration of color, flavor, and texture!!
the roasted beets add natural sweetness and a subtle hint of earthiness, perfectly complemented by the creamy, nutty hints of cashews.
the result is a sauce that is both luscious and light with the most amazing flavor profile. as for texture, the creamy beet sauce is indeed….CREAMY.
it makes for a silky, indulgent coating that’s both comforting and satisfying. but what truly makes beets stand out as a sauce base is their innate ability to provide a striking color, a hint of sweetness, and a velvety texture.
the other flavors in the sauce are phenomenal and miso paste really ties everything together! there’s also creamy tahini and garlic, of course!
i recommend roasting beets instead of boiling to bring out a deeper, more complex, and more flavorful profile! here’s why roasting beets can make them tastier:
- concentration of flavor: roasting beets involves cooking them in the dry heat of an oven, which causes the moisture inside the beets to evaporate. this concentration of flavors intensifies their natural sweetness. as a result, roasted beets have a richer, sweeter taste compared to boiled ones, which can sometimes taste watered down.
- caramelization: when beets are roasted, the natural sugars they contain caramelize, creating a sweet, slightly nutty, and earthy flavor. this caramelization process adds complexity and depth to the beet’s taste, making them more interesting and enjoyable.
- better texture: roasting beets also transforms their texture. the outer layers become slightly crispy and caramelized, while the interior remains tender and creamy. this contrast in textures adds a great dimension to dishes and makes roasted beets more appealing in my opinion!
- retention of nutrients: while boiling beets can cause some nutrient loss, roasting preserves more of the nutrients within the vegetable. this means you not only get the delicious flavor but also a good dose of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
to balance out the sweetness, when serving your Creamy Roasted Beet Vegan Pasta, consider adding vegan cheese! the tangy flavor of vegan cheese will elevate the dish, making it taste even better :).
if you love my Creamy Roasted Beet Vegan Pasta, then try these other recipes from my blog!
are you going to make my Creamy Roasted Beet Vegan Pasta?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Creamy Roasted Beet Vegan Pasta
for the sauce:
10 ounces roasted beets, roasted in avocado oil, seasoned with sea salt and pepper
1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 2 hours, then rinsed and drained
1.5 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp miso paste
3/4 cup vegetable broth
2 tbsp tahini
1 and 1/2 boxes of your favorite cooked pasta
vegan feta cheese (for serving, or use any kind you prefer)
- roast the beets:
preheat your oven to 400°
wash the beets, remove skin and cut into thin slices. you can also use frozen like i did, just thaw.
toss the beets in a bit of avocado oil, season with sea salt and pepper.
roast in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the beets are tender. you can check by inserting a fork; it should go in easily.
remove the beets from the oven, let them cool slightly.
- prepare the creamy beet sauce:
in a blender or food processor, combine the roasted beets, soaked cashews, garlic powder, onion powder, miso paste, and vegetable broth.
blend until smooth and creamy. if the sauce is too thick, you can add more vegetable broth to reach your desired consistency.
- cook the pasta:
cook your favorite pasta according to the package instructions until al dente.
- combine and serve:
drain the cooked pasta and return it to the pot.
pour the creamy beet sauce over the cooked pasta and gently toss to coat the pasta evenly with the sauce.
serve the creamy roasted beet vegan pasta in individual bowls.
top with vegan cheese and enjoy!