Loaded Vegan Pizza Toasts are delicious toasts that you never knew you needed in your life.
follow upbeetandkaleingit for all things vegan food!
Loaded Vegan Pizza Toasts are gourmet but also super simple to make.
some homemade elements like vegan mascarpone cheese and sunflower seed pesto add tons of deliciousness and store-bought sourdough makes prep easy.
the options are plentiful when it comes to Loaded Vegan Pizza Toasts!
i topped the sourdough with my mascarpone, pesto, campari tomato slices and some miyoko’s liquid vegan mozzarella.
that’s completely optional of course but oh how i do recommend it!
the liquid mozzarella melts exceptionally and even starts to bubble. if you can’t find it though, no worries because the toast is already 10/10.
i am completely obsessed with the vegan mascarpone! it’s really easy to make too. the base is made with tofu and just a little bit of coconut yogurt.
i recommend using a very creamy and thick yogurt. cocojune is ideal because the texture is like greek yogurt.
also, it’s incredibly easy to make the sunflower seed pesto. if you’re not a fan of sunflower seeds, any nuts will do!
instead of sunflower seeds, walnuts would be a fantastic option.
Loaded Vegan Pizza Toasts will bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. this makes the outside nice and crispy but the center stays soft!
also, you can always broil your toasts at the end for a minute to get that bubbly cheesy effect.
here’s everything you need to make Loaded Vegan Pizza Toasts
extra firm tofu
extra virgin olive oil
miyokos liquid mozzarella or store bought vegan cheese
if you like my Loaded Vegan Pizza Toasts, you’ll also love these other recipes of mine!
are you going to make my Loaded Vegan Pizza Toasts?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Loaded Vegan Pizza ToastsCourse: 30 Minutes, Lunch u0026amp; Dinner
- vegan mascarpone
12 ounces extra firm tofu
juice of 1/2 small lemon
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
1/3 cup thick and tangy coconut yogurt
- sunflower seed pesto
2 large handfuls of fresh basil
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/8 cup nutritional yeast
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 large garlic clove
sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 thick slices of sourdough bread
- sliced campari tomatoes
- miyoko’s liquid vegan mozzarella or any vegan cheese if wanted
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- add the vegan mascarpone ingredients to a food processor and blend until a smooth and thick consistency forms.
- then, add the pesto ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until a grainy consistency appears.
- spread out the mascarpone and pesto on sourdough, top with the tomatoes and additional vegan cheese and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- monitor the toasts to make sure they do not burn and at the end, broil for one minute if desired.
- you will likely have leftover mascarpone cheese, so store in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy!