ahhh, it’s a no to chicken, there’s a new “wing” in town and it’s cruelty-free! Vegan and Gluten-Free Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are the appetizer (or meal) you didn’t know you needed. while i adore cauliflower, even if you don’t i bet you will still love this recipe.
making vegan food delicious and similar to traditional dishes people are used to eating is my main goal here. with this recipe, mission accomplished.
the cauliflower florets are FLIPPIN’ UNREAL and dipped into a healthy + gluten-free batter. then, they’re baked in the oven for 20 min.
you take them out, dip the “wings” in buffalo sauce, pop them back in the oven and boom, you’re done!
go ahead and make a refreshing sauce to go with these spicy gems if you want! for my “ranch,” i totally winged it and just combined vegan cream cheese with unsweetened plain almond milk, nutritional yeast, garlic, onion, sea salt and fresh dill.
maybe about 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese and 1/4 cup of almond milk? it’s hard to mess up i promise.
everything was easy to put together, it’s truly as hassle free as buffalo cauliflower wings can be. my version is gluten-free, but you can use another flour if you want- just sub at your own risk haha.
make sure the corn-starch and buffalo sauce you’re using are gluten-free! the ones i used said on the packaging. tessemae’s makes excellent buffalo sauce by the way but i didn’t have any on hand!
we also really like Moore’s, which we find at Publix and that’s what i used here. it’s a bit hot for me but really tasty and i cool the cauliflower wings down with ranch!
here’s what you’re going to need:
- cauliflower florets (1 cauliflower head cut into florets)
- all purpose gluten-free flour (used Trader Joe’s)
- flax meal
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- nutritional yeast
- unsweetened plain almond milk
- buffalo sauce
the vegan “ranch” is listed above and like i said, just kind of winged it.
are you going to make Vegan and Gluten-free Buffalo Cauliflower Wings?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Vegan and Gluten-free Buffalo Cauliflower WingsCourse: Lunch & Dinner, Side DishesDifficulty: Easy
3-4 servings if it’s an appetizer!
- cauliflower florets
3/4 cup all purpose gluten free flour
1 tbsp gluten free corn starch
2 tbsp flax meal
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
sea salt to taste
1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- buffalo sauce
a little less than 3/4 cup or however much you want to use, up to you!
- preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- for the batter, mix all the dry ingredients and then add the almond milk. mix well until a semi thick batter forms. dip the cauliflower in the batter and then tap off any excess batter (recommend using two forks for the dipping process).
- transfer the cauliflower to a baking sheet.
- bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. then, remove the cauliflower wings and gently toss the florets in buffalo sauce. place back in the oven and bake another 17 minutes.
- serve with a vegan ranch sauce if you would like and enjoy!