as autumn’s crisp breeze rustles through the trees, my cravings take a turn toward warmth and comfort and Vegan Autumn Salad With Maple Dijon Dressing embodies that!
fall is a season of transformation and a time to embrace the coziness of cooler days, which is turn, makes us want to fuel our bodies with nourishing foods.
enter the world of hearty and nourishing salads, a fusion of flavors and textures that not only fill our bellies but also warm our souls!!
there is something so special about savoring a salad that’s not only hearty but also fresh.
Vegan Autumn Salad With Maple Dijon Dressing is packed with both some raw foods and roasted ones!
the tofu and butternut squash in this salad are baked to perfection :).
you’re going to find an abundance of amazing ingredients in this recipe:
1. tofu: our salad’s protein powerhouse! tofu is the versatile star that takes on the flavors you provide it with. silky, savory, and so satisfying, it’s the perfect canvas for our autumn salad.
2. vegan feta: we are going to add a pop of creaminess and tang! vegan feta crumbles are not only creamy, but the perfect amount of salty balance that’s elevates the flavors.
3. apple: crisp, juicy, and refreshing, apples are the embodiment of fall. they add a perfect crunch and a touch of natural sweetness, working amazingly with our other ingredients.
4. butternut squash: the epitome of autumn squash, butternut squash brings a velvety texture and a subtly sweet, nutty flavor. it’s roasted to caramelized perfection, creating a comforting contrast.
5. pecans: basically the crunchy confetti! pecans tie the flavors of this salad together. they bring a rich, earthy flavor and warming flavor to the recipe.
6. spring mix: a bed of tender greens is necessary for some freshness. spring mix adds a light, peppery freshness that complements the heartier elements.
7. dijon mustard: this is the dressing’s secret weapon! dijon mustard introduces a zesty punch that marries beautifully with the sweet maple syrup, creating an INCREDIBLE dressing.
8. maple syrup: maple syrup adds a warm, golden sweetness that’s the hallmark of fall. it’s necessary for a little bit of sweetness in this recipe, and you only need 1 tbsp!
9. sriracha: a dash of heat to keep things exciting! sriracha adds a subtle kick, which is necessary in my opinion!
10. hummus: creamy and dreamy, hummus is the staple that brings all of the ingredients together. it adds a rich, velvety texture and a hint of garlic that creates such a depth of flavor.
11. garlic: garlic adds a subtle, savory depth that enhances every bite!
12. vegetable broth: the slightly sweet liquid that thins out the dressing just ever so slightly.
13. dried cherries: these add a hint of sweetness and some tart contrast that works perfectly with the other flavors!
as a side dish, this salad is a showstopper!! it compliments a variety of main courses, from grilled cauliflower steaks to hearty vegan lasagna.
its vibrant colors and bold flavors make it a standout addition to any autumn meal.
- vegan feta
- butternut squash
- spring mix
- dijon mustard
- maple syrup
- vegetable broth
- avocado oil (for roasting)
what’s great about this Vegan Autumn Salad is its versatility. you can easily customize the salad to suit your taste or dietary preferences! here are a few ideas:
- protein swaps: if tofu just isn’t your thing, consider swapping it for chickpeas, grilled tempeh, or even roasted seitan for a different protein source.
- cheese alternatives: if you’re not a fan of vegan feta, try using vegan goat cheese, blue cheese, mozzarella or your favorite alternative.
- nut variations: pecans not your favorite? walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts can work great in this salad.
- greens galore: while spring mix is one of my favorites, you can use spinach, arugula, or a mix of your preferred greens.
Vegan Autumn Salad With Maple Dijon Dressing is
made with seasonal ingredients
nutritious and satisfying
100 percent vegan
vegan comfort food
quick and easy
perfect for a side dish
if you love my Vegan Maple Sweet Potato and Bacon Harvest Salad, then try these other recipes from my blog!
in conclusion, the Vegan Autumn Salad With Maple Dijon Dressing is a celebration of fall’s bounty and everyone will love it!
with its fusion of flavors and textures, it’s a must-make dish that will have you savoring every bite.
whether you serve it at a holiday gathering or for a cozy weeknight dinner, this salad is going to be your newest obsession!
are you going to make my Vegan Autumn Salad With Maple Dijon Dressing!?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Vegan Autumn Salad With Maple Dijon DressingCourse: Snacks
1 block of extra firm tofu, cubed
3/4 cup of vegan feta crumbles
1 large honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
3 cups of peeled and cubed butternut squash.
approximately 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
about 4-5 cups of spring mix greens
1 and 1/2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1-2 tbsp maple syrup (taste test and add more if needed)
1 tsp sriracha (adjust to taste for spiciness)
1/3 cup hummus of choice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup vegetable broth (can add more)
sea salt and pepper to taste
- preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- peel and cube the butternut squash. toss the squash cubes with a bit of avocado oil and spread them out on a baking sheet along with the cubed tofu. roast them in the oven for about 25 minutes or until they are nicely caramelized.
- while the squash and tofu are roasting, prepare the dressing. In a bowl, whisk together dijon mustard, maple syrup, sriracha, hummus, minced garlic, and vegetable broth until smooth.
- once the squash and tofu are done roasting, allow them to cool slightly. in a large bowl, combine the roasted butternut squash, tofu, vegan feta crumbles, apple slices, and chopped pecans.
- pour the maple dijon dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat all the ingredients evenly.
- serve your Vegan Autumn Salad With Maple Dijon Dressing as a side dish! this best eaten the same day :).