in this simple and satisfying recipe, indulge in the goodness of no-bake peanut butter sugar cookie protein bars topped with a velvety vanilla buttercream.
the combination of almond flour, vanilla protein powder, and the richness of runny peanut butter creates a dream-worthy treat.
with a bit of sweetness from maple syrup and the aromatic essence of almond and vanilla extracts, these bars are not only easy to make but also taste just like a sugar cookie with a peanut butter twist!
enjoy the fudgy texture of these peanut butter sugar cookie protein bars, achieved through the perfect blend of almond flour, protein powder, and creamy peanut butter.
the addition of maple syrup, almond milk, and extracts provides a satisfying chewiness.
ideal for the fridge or freezer, these bars offer a convenient and wholesome treat—chill for 45 minutes for a delicious, no-fuss snack.
the vanilla buttercream adds a luscious finishing touch to these bars.
made with vegan butter and Lakanto powdered sugar, it achieves a creamy consistency that complements the fudginess of the bars.
a splash of dairy-free milk brings it all together. spread this velvety layer over the chilled bars for a sweet and satisfying treat. adjust the milk quantity as needed for your desired thickness!
if you prefer to skip the peanut butter, you can easily switch it out with almond butter, cashew butter, or any nut or seed butter of your choice.
each option will bring a different flavor profile to these protein bars, but you can’t go wrong with any! simply substitute in an equal amount for a different variation :).
also for a bite-sized twist, shape the mixture into no-bake cookies instead of bars!
simply grab small portions of the dough and roll them into bite-sized balls and slightly flatten them.
place them on a parchment-lined tray and chill in the freezer until firm. everyone will love a cute no-bake healthier sugar cookie!
if you love No Bake Peanut Butter Sugar Cookie Protein Bars, try these other recipes from my blog!
are you going to make my No Bake Peanut Butter Sugar Cookie Protein Bars?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
No Bake Peanut Butter Sugar Cookie Protein BarsCourse: Bars, Desserts, No Bake
for the bars:
1 and 1/4 cup almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
2/3 cup vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup runny peanut butter
1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp almond milk
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
for the vanilla buttercream:
1 cup vegan butter
1 cup Lakanto powdered sugar (or any other powdered sugar substitute)
1-2 tbsp dairy-free milk
- in a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour and vanilla protein powder. in a separate, microwave-safe bowl, melt the vegan butter. add the runny peanut butter to the melted vegan butter and stir until well combined.
- pour the melted butter and peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients. add maple syrup, almond milk, almond extract, and vanilla extract. mix until all ingredients are well combined and form a dough-like consistency.
- line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal. press the mixture firmly and evenly into the pan. place the pan in the freezer and let it set for at least 45 minutes.
- meanwhile, prepare the vanilla buttercream. in a mixing bowl, beat vegan butter until creamy. gradually add the powdered sugar, beating continuously until well combined. add dairy-free milk as needed to achieve a smooth and creamy consistency. you can also make this in a food processor!
- once the bars are firm, remove them from the freezer. spread the vanilla buttercream over the top in an even layer. return the pan to the freezer and let it set for an additional 30 minutes to allow the buttercream to firm up.
- once set, use the parchment paper overhang to lift the bars out of the pan. place them on a cutting board and cut into squares or bars. store the bars in the refrigerator or freezer to maintain their shape and thaw before eating. enjoy your delicious no-bake peanut butter sugar cookie protein bars with vanilla buttercream!