Healthier Vegan and Gluten Free Apple Pie Cups are what you need even though it’s not quite fall! cozy season or not, if you love apples, these are everything you could want in a healthy dessert and more.
the crust is AMAZING, like i have to say, it’s 10/10. the fact that the crust is gluten free just makes Healthier Vegan and Gluten Free Apple Pie Cups even better.
putting Healthier Vegan and Gluten Free Apple Pie Cups is a totally seamless process!
the crust is made in a food processor and then the apples are sautéed in a pan.
when it comes to the crust, that bakes twice. once by itself and once with the apple filling inside.
you need two medium-large honey crisp apples for the filling, but you can use whatever variety that you can get ahold of.
honey crisp are my favorite and i highly recommend them for the best flavor possible.
just a heads up, the dough for the crust is a bit sticky, and this is totally normal. you should add the dough to parchment lined cups and then slightly wet your fingers.
after that, lightly press on the dough edges and form a wide hole in the center.
the crusts then bake in the oven for 20 minutes. after you pull them out, quickly, gently and safely use a tbsp measuring spoon to press down the center because it will rise in the baking process.
you can serve Healthier Vegan and Gluten Free Apple Pie Cups with vegan vanilla ice cream, yogurt or coconut cream.
it’s a little too soon, but Healthier Vegan and Gluten Free Apple Pie Cups would make excellent desserts during the holiday season.
here’s everything you need to make Healthier Vegan and Gluten Free Apple Pie Cups
runny almond butter
dairy free milk
honey crisp apples
if you love my Healthier Vegan and Gluten Free Apple Pie Cups, then check out these other recipes from the blog!
Vegan Cookie Dough Protein Fudge
Cinnamon Roll White Chocolate Protein Bites
Healthier Vegan and Gluten Free Cinnamon Sugar Poptart
Vegan No Bake Protein Cinnamon Rolls
Vegan Snickers Inspired Granola Bark
Vegan Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Fudge
Date Sweetened Raw Vegan Cheesecake
Vegan No Bake Sugar Cookie Bars
No Bake Vegan Millionaire Shortbread Pie
Vegan and Gluten Free No Bake Chocolate Date Rolls
Copycat Chewy Bars (Vegan + GF)
Easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
are you going to make Healthier Vegan and Gluten Free Apple Pie Cups?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
also, you can follow upbeetandkaleingit on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more vegan recipes!
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Healthier Vegan and Gluten Free Apple Pie CupsCourse: Desserts
1 cup + 6 tbsp gluten free oat flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup runny almond butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup + 3 tbsp dairy free milk
2 medium-large honey crisp apples cut into small pieces
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp coconut cream
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- mix the crust ingredients in a food processor until a thick dough forms. it will be on the sticky side.
- cook the apple ingredients on the stovetop on medium heat for about 12 minutes and stir often. add 3 tbsp coconut cream at the end and cook another minute or two. let the mixture cool at least 10 minutes.
- for the dough, add about 1/4 cup of dough to parchment paper cups and then slightly wet your fingers so you can mold the dough. otherwise, it will be too sticky.
after that, lightly press on the dough from the edges and form a wide hole in the center where the apples will go.
- bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. after you pull them out, quickly, gently and safely use a tbsp measuring spoon to press down the center because it will rise in the baking process (try not to break any crust off the sides).
- add the sautéed apples to the center, drizzle a little maple syrup on each cup, and bake another 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy!