if you’re craving a comforting treat that’s both vegan and packed with the cozy flavors of fall, these unbelievably delicious pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies are just what you need.
with the warm notes of pumpkin and a touch of nutty almond butter, these cookies are a delicious twist on the classic chocolate chip variety.
the taste of these vegan pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies is a perfect balance of sweet and spiced.
they carry the essence of pumpkin, mingled with the richness of mini chocolate chips.
the almond butter adds a subtle nutty undertone that complements the overall flavor profile.
as for the texture, these cookies are SOFT on the inside with a slightly crisp edge and chewy outside.
the pumpkin puree keeps them moist, while the chocolate chips provide little pockets of gooey indulgence.
while i have not made the cookies with subs, here are some ideas that *should* work!
- for the melted vegan butter, you can use coconut oil or a different vegan butter alternative.
- if you don’t have pumpkin puree, sweet potato puree or mashed butternut squash can be good replacements.
- swap raw cane sugar with coconut sugar, brown sugar, or a granulated sugar substitute like lakanto.
- almond butter can be replaced with peanut butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter if you prefer or have allergies.
- if you need a gluten-free option, use a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend instead of regular all-purpose flour. i just am not sure if it will turn out as good!
- for a different twist, try using raisins, dried cranberries, or chopped nuts in place of mini chocolate chips.
these substitutes can help you customize the recipe to your taste preferences or dietary restrictions while still enjoying the deliciousness of vegan pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies.
kids will adore these vegan pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies for several reasons. first, the warm and comforting flavors of pumpkin and the sweetness of chocolate chips create a taste that’s incredibly appealing to young palates.
the soft and chewy texture of these cookies is also a hit with kids, making them easy to enjoy without any fuss.
moreover, the fun factor of baking and indulging in homemade cookies can be an awesome activity for children.
involving them in the kitchen to help mix the dough, drop cookie rounds onto the baking sheet, and of course, sneak a few chocolate chips along the way can be such a fun experience.
not to mention, these cookies are vegan, which means they can be a suitable treat for kids with dairy free dietary restrictions or allergies.
overall, the combination of delicious taste, pleasing texture, and the joy of baking together makes these vegan pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies a favorite for everyone!!
if you love Unbelievably Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies, try these other recipes from my blog!
are you going to make my Unbelievably Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Unbelievably Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip CookiesCourse: Cookies, Desserts
9-12 cookies depending on size!
1/2 cup melted vegan butter
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup raw cane sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup almond butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1 and 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice (depending on how much you like)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp corn starch
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips ( or however much wanted)
- preheat your oven to 350°f (175°c) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
in a mixing bowl, combine the melted vegan butter, pumpkin puree, raw cane sugar, vanilla extract, and almond butter. mix them together until well combined.
- in a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, starch and baking soda.
gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until you have a smooth cookie dough.
- fold in the mini chocolate chips to evenly distribute them throughout the dough.
using a cookie scoop, drop rounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. make sure to leave enough space between each cookie as they will spread during baking.
- bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15-18 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown, and the cookies are set. baking time will very on the size and thickness of your cookies! once done, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.