it says it all in the title… and it’s the truth. The Best Vegan Cinnamon Rolls are the realest deal around. i promise you they deliver. so when you go to a bakery or restaurant, The Best Vegan Cinnamon Rolls are what you get. anyone that doesn’t eat vegan baked goods will never ever know the difference.
you won’t miss the eggs, you won’t miss the dairy…you won’t miss anything about non-vegan cinnamon rolls because this recipe truly takes it home. the dough is just perfect and SUPER easy to make!! plus, you make the rolls the night before and if you can’t then, i for sure recommend refrigerating the cinnamon rolls for several hours.
the key is to just ever so slightly under bake the rolls so they’re a little doughy but still have the classic cinnamon rolls texture. The Best Vegan Cinnamon Rolls were a hit yesterday for Christmas morning. while they make a delicious holiday breakfast, you can enjoy them any day of the year.
there are ZERO funky ingredients in The Best Vegan Cinnamon Rolls and as always, minimal ingredients are needed.
what do you need?
- all purpose organic unbleached flour
- extra virgin olive oil
- rapid rise yeast
- maple syup
- unsweetened almond milk
- light brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- organic cane sugar
- creamy dairy free yogurt
- vegan butter
ah there we go, a center shot. the most important ones because we all have to see what the texture is like. glorious isn’t it?! basically the same thing as pillsbury ones, which i grew up eating but ya know, healthier and vegan of course.
i mean, they’re good enough that you don’t even need a glaze if you so choose. while i think they kind of sort of totally go together, the rolls are simply perfect as is.
can you prep these cinnamon rolls the night before?
yes, if you can you should but if not, make sure you refrigerate them for 4-6 hours.
is the prep process easy?
yes! all you have to do is warm up the almond milk and then add the remaining wet ingredients and whisk them together.
then, add the rapid rise yeast, mix well and let it set for a couple of minutes. after that, you can add the flour and knead the dough.
enjoy my friends and i am SO SO excited to see your tagged pics!
The Best Vegan Cinnamon RollsCourse: Breads, Breakfast, DessertsDifficulty: Easy
3.5 cups all purpose organic unbleached flour
1 packet rapid rise yeast
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- cinnamon sugar
1/2 cup organic cane sugar + 3 tbsp light brown sugar
1.5 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup creamy dairy free yogurt
1/4 cup melted vegan butter
3 tbsp maple syrup
- heat the almond milk in the microwave for 1.5 minutes. then, add the maple syrup and olive oil and whisk together.
- transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on yeast and mix well. let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- add the flour (1/2 cup at a time and stir). once the dough is mixed well and sticky, transfer it to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball.
- on a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle (the thickness of the dough should be about 1/3 to 1/4-inch).
- then, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. with a knife or string of floss, cut the dough into roughly 1.5- 2 inch sections and place in a greased 8×11 inch square baking pan. cover the top with plastic wrap, place in the fridge overnight and bake in the morning.
- bake at 350 degrees for 24-25 minutes depending on size and thickness.
- whisk the glaze ingredients together, pour on the top and enjoy!