if you’re on the lookout for a dessert that’s not just delicious but also plant-powered and vegan, your search ends here :).
enter the world of the “plant-powered blueberry dream cake” – a mouthwatering cake that perfectly balances flavor, texture, and simplicity.
the subtle sweetness of organic raw cane sugar combines flawlessly with the tartness of fresh blueberries.
each bite is a blend of sweet and slightly tangy notes, leaving you craving for more.
the texture of this dreamy cake is a true testament to the art of vegan baking.
the crumb is moist and tender, thanks to the dairy-free plain yogurt and avocado oil.
the blueberries, folded gently into the batter, burst with juiciness, adding a yummy pop to every bite.
it’s truly a dessert that elevates the joy of indulging in a piece of cake.
ease of making:
don’t let the decadence fool you – this plant-powered blueberry dream cake is surprisingly easy to make.
with simple ingredients like all-purpose organic flour, dairy-free alternatives, and a handful of blueberries, this recipe is perfect for both seasoned bakers and beginners.
whether you’re preparing it for a special occasion or a casual get-together, the straightforward steps ensure success in every kitchen.
crafted with care, the ingredients in this cake are not just delicious but also wholesome.
the organic unbleached flour, organic arrowroot, and organic raw cane sugar make up the bulk of the dry ingredients.
the dairy-free yogurt, avocado oil, and plant-based milk create a perfect foundation for a moist and flavorful cake.
the blueberries, rich in antioxidants, not only enhance the taste but also contribute to the nutritional profile.
occasions to indulge:
the versatility of this plant-powered blueberry dream cake makes it suitable for all kinds of occasions.
celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, or just a special breakfast with a slice of this delectable treat.
its simplicity also makes it a great choice for casual gatherings, potlucks, or even a cozy treat at home.
looking to make the plant-powered blueberry dream cake but find yourself missing an ingredient or two? fear not! this versatile recipe lends itself well to substitutions, although i must confess i haven’t personally tried any!!
here are some ideas to help you tailor this delightful vegan treat to your pantry:
flour alternatives: if you’re out of all-purpose unbleached organic flour, feel free to experiment with alternatives like whole wheat flour, spelt flour, or a gluten-free flour blend.
keep in mind that different flours WILL affect the texture, so adjust accordingly.
sweeteners: while organic raw cane sugar adds a distinct flavor, you can try substitutes such as coconut sugar or a sugar substitute like lakanto.
each sweetener brings its unique taste, so choose based on your preference.
dairy-free yogurt: the creamy dairy-free plain yogurt can be replaced with almond yogurt, coconut yogurt, or soy yogurt.
it is important to note that i used creamy coconut yogurt for the cake, so if yours is on the watery side, that will affect the texture!
oil options: if avocado oil isn’t in your kitchen, experiment with other neutral oils like coconut oil, just ensure the oil you choose is in liquid form.
non-dairy milk: any plant-based milk, such as almond, soy, or oat milk, can replace the dairy-free milk in the recipe. choose based on your taste preference and dietary needs.
blueberry alternatives: while the recipe calls for fresh blueberries, you can try using frozen blueberries if fresh ones are unavailable.
remember to coat them in flour before adding to the batter to prevent them from sinking.
flavor variations: get creative with the flavor profile by adding a touch of cinnamon, lemon zest, or almond extract to the batter.
these subtle additions can elevate the overall taste without straying too far from the original recipe.
if you love Plant-Powered Blueberry Dream Cake then try these other recipes from my blog!
are you going to make my Plant-Powered Blueberry Dream Cake!?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Plant-Powered Blueberry Dream CakeCourse: Cakes, Desserts
for the cake:
2 cups all-purpose unbleached organic flour
1 tbsp organic cornstarch
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp baking soda
1 cup organic raw cane sugar
1/3 cup creamy dairy-free plain yogurt
1/3 cup applesauce
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 cup dairy-free milk
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries, coated in flour
for the frosting:
10 ounces vegan cream cheese
1/3 cup blueberry jam
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- preheat your oven to 350°f (175°c). grease and flour your cake pan. in a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder, and baking soda. set aside.
- in a separate large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, dairy-free yogurt, applesauce, apple cider vinegar, avocado oil, dairy-free milk, and vanilla extract. mix well until smooth.
- gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. be careful not to overmix.
- in a small bowl, gently coat the blueberries with a small amount of flour. this helps prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the cake during baking.
- gently fold the floured blueberries into the cake batter. pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread it evenly.
- bake in the preheated oven for approximately 45-48 minutes in one 9 inch cake pan OR two 8 inch cake pans for 30 minutes. a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- in a mixing bowl, combine the vegan cream cheese and powdered sugar. use an electric mixer to beat the ingredients together until smooth and well combined. then. fold in the blueberry jam. once the cake has cooled completely, spread the blueberry cream cheese frosting evenly over the top.