with the holidays approaching, we could always use more cakes and Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Cake is a perfect recipe to make for the fam or a get together!
while it absolutely tastes very indulgent, the cake is actually made with incredible ingredients!
Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Cake is sweetened with bananas and maple syrup. it’s rich and decadent thanks to cocoa powder and the infusion of dark chocolate chips.
the frosting is homemade and was added when the cake was a little too warm lol, but that’s ok!
it’s made with vegan cream cheese, maple syrup, cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
the taste is absolutely phenomenal but let me tell ya, the texture of Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Cake is out of this world!
it’s dense and super fudgy, just the way i like baked desserts. the banana and dairy free yogurt makes the cake so moist and delicious.
you can make this is no time as it’s fuss free and bakes for 28-30 minutes. you just need a mixing bowl, mixing spoon and two cake pans.
the cake batter is to be divided in half and added to two 8 inch round pans.
if you don’t want to make your own frosting, no problem, just choose your favorite store bought one, especially if you’re looking for something on the more indulgent side.
simple mills or miss jones are always great options!
here’s everything you need to make to make Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Cake
gluten free 1:1 baking flour (used King Arthur Baking)
apple cider vinegar
dairy free yogurt
dark chocolate chips (used Pascha)
vegan cream cheese
if you love my Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Cake, then check out these other recipes from the blog!
are you going to make my Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Cake?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate CakeCourse: Cakes, Desserts
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup almond flour
1 cup gluten free 1:1 baking flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal + 6 tbsp water)
1/8 cup coffee (prepared coffee, not coffee grounds)
1/2 cup dairy free yogurt (used kite hill almond)
1 cup mashed overripe banana
1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
21 ounces vegan cream cheese
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- for the cake batter, mix the wet ingredients first and then add in the dry ones. combine until a thick batter forms and then add in the chocolate chips.
- divide the batter into two and place in two well-greased 8 inch cake pans. spread out evenly-the batter is a little sticky.
- bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes. let the cakes cool down completely.
- add the frosting ingredients to a food processor and blend until a thick and creamy consistency forms. you don’t want to over blend the frosting it will become more liquidy.
- place in the fridge an hour or so to firm back up.
- frost the cake, cut into slices and enjoy! store in the fridge in an airtight container.