i feel like everything you need to know about these cupcakes is stated in the title because it’s very descriptive. well let’s just file Chocolate Tahini Cupcakes and Cookie Dough Buttercream under Mary’s top desserts AND under decadent. everything about these cupcakes is magical and i can’t wait for you to try!
the cupcakes are gluten-free, yay! i used almond flour and gluten free all purpose flour from Trader Joe’s. the combination of the two is just dreamy.
the butttttaaaaahcream is ridiculous y’all. you’re going to need a block of vegan butter because we’re not cutting any corners. i used miyokos by the way.
let’s talk about this buttercream really quickly because it might just be the best part. of course the cupcakes are amazing but the buttercream steals the show.
you’re going to need vegan butter, almond butter, organic cane sugar (or monkfruit), vanilla extract and mini chocolate chips.
that’s it! the almond butter is necessary to make the buttercream taste like cookie dough! you cake definitely use another nut or seed butter though.
the reason i didn’t use tahini is because the taste would be overpowering if used in both the base and the frosting.
almond flour has a higher fat content than all-purpose flour and a totally different texture, so sub at your own risk with other flours lol.
my version is naturally sweetened with maple syrup, which makes the texture so soft and fluffy. i do prefer maple syrup in my cupcakes as opposed to cane sugar, but then again, it depends on the recipe.
if you love Chocolate Tahini Cupcakes and Cookie Dough Buttercream, you’re also going to enjoy these:
Double Chocolate Brownie Zucchini Bread
Vegan Cookie Dough Brookie Cake
Giant Healthy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie
Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Easy and Healthy Vegan Cookie Dough
Two-Layer Vegan Cookie Dough Fudge
here’s everything you need to make Chocolate Tahini Cupcakes and Cookie Dough Buttercream:
- gluten free all purpose flour
- almond flour
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- maple syrup
- almond milk or any dairy free
- almond extract
- vanilla extract
- vegan butter
- almond butter
- organic cane sugar or lakanto
- mini chocolate chips
are you going to make my Chocolate Tahini Cupcakes and Cookie Dough Buttercream?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
also, you can follow upbeetandkaleingit on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more vegan recipes!
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Chocolate Tahini Cupcakes and Cookie Dough ButtercreamCourse: Cupcakes, DessertsDifficulty: Easy
1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup runny tahini (used Trader Joe’s)
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
8 ounces vegan butter room temp
3 tbsp almond butter
1/3 cup organic cane sugar or lakanto
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (enjoy life brand)
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees. mix the dry ingredients in a bowl first and then add in the wet ones.
- scoop the batter into parchment paper muffin cups and fill almost to the top.
- bake at 350 degrees for 23 minutes and then let the cupcakes cool completely. this is super important so the frosting doesn’t melt.
- for the buttercream, add all ingredients but the chocolate chips in a food processor and blend until a smooth and creamy consistency.
- then, fold in the chocolate chips and place in the fridge for about 10 minutes to set. you can use a piping bag to then top the cupcakes or just a spoon. place the frosted cupcakes in the fridge for a bit just to make sure the buttercream doesn’t melt (30 minutes should be fine).
- then, serve and enjoy!! you can store in the fridge in an airtight container.