it is HOT in florida. it’s humid too. i kind of sort of totally don’t want to turn on my oven. well, there’s always no bake desserts to turn to and that’s just what i did. No Bake Chocolate Peanut Bars are great for meal prep. make them ahead of time and store in the fridge for when those cravings hit! the peanuts really make this recipe. i used roasted & unsalted but lightly salted would taste delicious.
if you’re not a peanut fan, just choose another nut! walnuts or almonds would be great!
ingredients and directions
- 8 small-medium size medjool dates
- 1/4 cup almond butter (any nut butter will work)
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- one 2.5 oz bar dark chocolate (i used unsweetened: evolved midnight coconut is a good option)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- toppings: chocolate chips and more peanuts if you would like!
- add all ingredients except the toppings to a food processor and blend until a sticky dough forms.
- line a bread loaf with parchment paper and evenly distribute the dough.
- top with peanuts and chocolate chips if you would like (press down into the dough), place in the freezer for a couple of hours and then cut into small squares.
- store in the fridge and enjoy!