oh happy day!!! Healthy Vegan Mini Pumpkin Pies are here. they’re healthy, packed with fall flavors and easy to create. i didn’t use any cornstarch or arrowroot, so the pumpkin filling is nice and creamy + soft. it’s just pumpkin bliss! if you’re looking the filling to be a bit firmer, you can always add a little bit of either of the aforementioned ingredients.
so what is the crust made out of? oat flour, flax meal, maple syrup, and vegan butter. yes, that simple yet it doesn’t taste like it!
i’ve followed other pie crust recipes in the past, and i often was disappointed with the turnout. it cracked and didn’t hold up well. for my crust, i went back to absolute basics and the outcome is superb. the crust holds up amazingly well and the flavor + texture is on point.
ok, if you make these fall gems, be sure to tag me so i can see and repost. have the best rest of the day!
Healthy Vegan Mini Pumpkin PiesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Medium
can make between 6-8 mini pies depending on how much crust is used
1.5 cups oat flour
1/3 cup flax meal
1/3 cup melted vegan butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 cup organic pumpkin puree
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup flax meal
3 tbsp liquid coconut oil
1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- mix the crust ingredients in a bowl until a thick dough forms.
- grease muffin tins with coconut oil and line them with the dough (about 2 tbsp).
- press the dough into the bottom of the muffin tin and bring up a little along the sides. be careful not to spread it too thin though. should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- then, mix the filling ingredients in a bowl and scoop into the center of the pie crust. bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. let the pumpkin pies cool a bit so the filling sets.
- store in the fridge and enjoy!