these Healthy Fudgy Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Brownies are a perfect treat that brings together the warm flavors of pumpkin and rich, gooey chocolate.
they’re easy to make and perfect for those with dietary restrictions.
topped with a creamy vegan cream cheese and pumpkin frosting, they’re a decadent yet wholesome dessert option for any occasion.
using pumpkin in your recipes is a fantastic way to make the most of this versatile and nutritious ingredient.
not only does it add a delicious, earthy flavor, but it also brings a wealth of vitamins and fiber to your dishes.
these healthy fudgy vegan and gluten-free pumpkin brownies offer a great way to utilize pumpkin in a dessert that’s both indulgent and nourishing.
it’s a clever means to enjoy the flavors of the season while ensuring none of that precious pumpkin goes to waste!!
whether it’s leftover puree from a previous recipe or a creative way to use up a pumpkin that’s been sitting on your counter, these brownies make for a delicious solution.
the fudgy texture of these brownies is a true highlight.
it’s the result of careful ingredient selection and baking techniques that bring about a rich, dense, and moist consistency.
the combination of pumpkin puree and runny peanut butter contributes to this fudginess, creating a chewy and melt-in-your-mouth experience.
the absence of traditional flour and the use of gluten-free oat flour further enhance the texture, making it perfect for many to enjoy!
the outcome is a satisfying, indulgent fudginess that perfectly complements the chocolatey goodness of these treats, making each bite heavenly.
you can use low sugar chocolate chips or unsweetened ones in this recipe by the way, that’s what i did!
so regarding the baking process, letting the brownies cool is a crucial step!
allowing them to cool properly is important to achieve the desired texture and flavor.
during the cooling process, the brownies continue to set, and their fudgy texture fully develops.
if you cut into them too soon while they’re still warm, they may be too soft and you might lose the fudgy consistency that makes them so appealing.
cooling also helps the flavors meld and intensify, resulting in a more delicious and harmonious taste.
plus, you wouldn’t want the yummy chocolate cream cheese frosting to melt, right?!
the cream cheese frosting is the perfect finishing touch for these brownies.
it adds a creamy and luscious layer of flavor that complements the fudgy, pumpkin-chocolate base.
the vegan cream cheese used in the frosting provides a rich and tangy contrast to the sweetness of the brownies.
the addition of pumpkin puree enhances the seasonal flair while keeping the frosting moist and flavorful.
a touch of maple syrup and cocoa powder brings sweetness and depth of chocolatey taste to the mix.
with just a hint of vanilla extract for that extra layer of aroma, this frosting creates a balance that makes your brownies even more decadent and enjoyable. it’s the proverbial icing on the cake, or in this case, the brownie.
if you love my Healthy Fudgy Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Brownies then check out these other recipes from the blog!
are you going to make Healthy Fudgy Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Brownies!?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Healthy Fudgy Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin BrowniesCourse: Bars, Desserts
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 cup runny peanut butter or any nut butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup dairy-free milk
1 cup gluten-free oat flour
1/3-1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- preheat your oven to 350°f (175°c) and line an 8×8-inch (20×20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal. in a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, runny peanut butter, and vanilla extract. mix them until well combined.
- in a separate bowl, sift the cocoa powder to remove any lumps, then add it to the wet ingredients mixture. mix until the cocoa powder is fully incorporated. add the maple syrup and dairy-free milk to the mixture, and continue to stir until all the wet ingredients are well combined.
- add the gluten-free oat flour to the wet ingredients mixture. stir until the batter is smooth and there are no visible lumps.gently fold in the dairy-free chocolate chips. you can adjust the amount to your preference, using between 1/3 to 1/2 cup.
- pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes.
- once done, remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. then, use the parchment paper overhang to lift them out of the pan and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
- in a medium-sized bowl, combine 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese, 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, 2 tbsp maple syrup, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. use a hand mixer or food processor until the frosting is smooth and well mixed.
- once your brownies have cooled, you can spread this creamy frosting over the top of the brownies for an extra layer of flavor. store in the fridge in an airtight container.