imagine the cozy flavors of fall wrapped up in a simple, yet nourishing creation.
our fall salad flatbreads are a delightful fusion of textures and tastes!
crisp flatbreads slathered with creamy garlic hummus make the canvas for a gorgeous blend of roasted butternut squash and crispy tofu, all intertwined with finely chopped kale, vegan feta crumbles, and the satisfying crunch of chopped pecans.
drizzled with a velvety garlic hummus dressing, this dish encapsulates the essence of autumn’s bounty, ready to delight your taste buds in every bite.
the beauty of these Nourishing Fall Salad Flatbreads lies in their simplicity.
with minimal effort, you can whip up a wholesome meal that’s perfect for a busy weeknight.
there’s no need for extensive cooking skills or elaborate preparations. just a bit of roasting, chopping, and assembling, and you’ll have a satisfying dinner on the table in no time.
it’s a hassle-free way to enjoy the flavors of fall without spending hours in the kitchen.
also, you will feel so full afterwards from the combo of carbs, protein and healthy fats, it’s such a win-win!
if you’d like to switch things up or use alternative ingredients in this recipe, there are plenty of options!
- flatbreads: feel free to choose your favorite type of flatbread or use tortillas, pita, or even whole-grain wraps.
- hummus: if you’re not a fan of garlic hummus, you can use other hummus flavors or even vegan tzatziki for a different twist.
- tofu: substitute tofu with chickpeas, grilled tempeh, or any protein of your choice if you prefer a different source of plant-based protein.
- butternut squash: swap out butternut squash with sweet potatoes, carrots, or any other roasted root vegetables.
- kale: if kale isn’t your favorite, use spinach, arugula, or mixed greens for your salad base.
- vegan feta: experiment with different vegan cheese options, such as vegan mozzarella or goat cheese alternatives.
- pecans: try walnuts, almonds, or seeds like pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds for a change in texture and flavor.
- dressing: if you don’t have all the dressing ingredients, you can improvise with your preferred store-bought or homemade dressing.
Nourishing Fall Flat Breads:
- super filling and hearty
- can be made gluten-free with gf flatbread
- an easy, quick dinner
- customizable ingredients
- autumn-inspired flavors
- minimal cooking skills required
- versatile and adaptable
- satisfying and healthy
- perfect weeknight meal
- creative flavor combinations
if you love my Nourishing Fall Salad Flatbreads, then try these other recipes from my blog!
are you going to make my Nourishing Fall Salad Flatbreads!?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Nourishing Fall Salad Flatbreads
4 flatbreads of your choice
garlic hummus (for spreading on the flatbreads)
1 block of tofu
1 small butternut squash, cubed
avocado oil (for roasting and massaging kale)
kale, finely chopped
1 cup vegan feta crumbles
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup garlic hummus (for the dressing)
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp liquid aminos (or soy sauce/tamari)
about 1/3 cup vegetable broth (to thin out the dressing)
- preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit (200°c). toss the butternut squash and tofu cubes with a drizzle of avocado oil, paprika, sea salt, and pepper. spread them on a baking sheet and roast for about 25 minutes or until they are tender and slightly caramelized.
- while the butternut squash and tofu are in the oven, massage the finely chopped kale with avocado oil. this helps to break down the kale’s fibers and makes it more tender. prepare the dressing by mixing garlic hummus, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, liquid aminos, and vegetable broth in a bowl. adjust the consistency with more or less veggie broth to your liking.
- once the butternut squash and tofu are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly.
to assemble the flatbreads, spread a generous layer of garlic hummus on each flatbread. top the flatbreads with the roasted butternut squash, crispy tofu, massaged kale, vegan feta crumbles, and chopped pecans.
- enjoy the same day or store in the fridge in an airtight container.