i did it guys, i made a pumpkin pie that should probably get awards lol. humble brag but the minute you take a bite of The Best Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie, i know you’ll agree with me. it’s honestly amazing to me that this pumpkin pie is vegan AND gluten-free. it’s positively delicious and perfect in every way.
if i had to guess, i will be making The Best Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie between 10 and 15 times this season haha.
from now until late November, possibly even December, this will be on repeat. you don’t have to be vegan to love this pie.
in fact, share it with non-vegans because they won’t realize what they’re eating is plant-based, promise they will be shocked.
the filling is this glorious, custard-y goodness that you make in the food processor aka my favorite kitchen item! i seriously use it for everything, especially fillings because it yields a perfect consistency every time.
you also make the crust in the food processor, so this recipe is minimal mess and made in no time!
the process to make The Best Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie is really easy too!
- first, add all of the crust ingredients to a food processor.
- then, evenly distribute it in a pie pan.
- clean the food processor, then add the filling ingredients and blend.
- pour the filling into the pie crust and place it in the oven.
- bake and then chill preferably overnight in the fridge but at least 6 hours!
you can serve this plain and it will be glorious, truly, no whipped cream or ice cream are needed BUT i will never say no to these additions lol.
it’s best served and eaten the day you make it but you can of course store The Best Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie in the fridge in an airtight container.
if you love The Best Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie, then try these other pumpkin recipes from my blog!
are you going to make The Best Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
The Best Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin PieCourse: DessertsDifficulty: Easy
1 and 1/2 cans (15 ounce cans) organic pumpkin purée
1/3 cup room temp coconut oil
1/3 cup and 2 tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp arrowroot powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tbsp almond butter
1 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
2 tbsp light brown cane sugar
1 stick cold vegan butter (used country crock)
1/2 cup dairy free milk
1/4 tsp sea salt
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- blend the crust ingredients in a food processor until a thick dough forms.
- add the crust to the pie pan and evenly distribute. make sure you press the dough up onto the sides. the crust should be about 1/3 inch thick.
- add the filling ingredients to a food processor and blend until a smooth consistency.
- add directly into the pie crust lined pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- the pie should cool down on the counter completely and then be transferred to the fridge. ideally, pie should set in the fridge overnight but at least 6 hours.