let’s celebrate friday eve with a scrumptious and healthier no bake dessert- Vegan Mini Vanilla Blueberry Cheesecakes! they’re decadent single serving vegan cheesecakes made with so few ingredients. you won’t find a recipe that’s made with better ingredients and easier to put together!
there’s a secret ingredient in here, it’s hemp hearts! while these little seeds don’t add any flavor really, they do provide protein!
there’s 1/2 cup in my recipe and lots of benefits in the little gems!
A 30 gram serving (three-tablespoons) of raw hemp seeds contains:
- Calories: 166
- Protein: 9.47 grams
- Fat: 14.6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 2.6 grams
- Fiber : 1.2 grams
- Sugar: 0.45 grams
while the hemp hearts are optional, i do recommend adding them for the protein component.
however if you omit the hemp hearts, there won’t be any negative outcomes, the cheesecakes will taste the same.
the base of the filling is indeed made with cashews, which most dairy free cheesecakes are.
it’s by far the best ingredient to use as a filling in my opinion because the cashews can be blended into an extremely smooth and creamy texture, plus they take on whatever flavors you add.
i have tried other ingredients like tofu and such, but nothing quite compares to cashews!
then there’s a homemade blueberry compote and also a crust made with dates + oats.
everything about Vegan Mini Vanilla Blueberry Cheesecakes is amazing to be honest. from the earthy flavors, perfect amount of sweetness, creamy texture and real ingredients, the recipe is a dream.
the cheesecakes can be stored in the fridge or freezer but i recommend the freezer in an airtight container, because that’s all i have tried. just let them thaw about 15-20 minutes before serving because the blueberries will be rock hard and icy.
when perfectly thawed, Vegan Mini Vanilla Blueberry Cheesecakes are better than anything you can find in a restaurant! keep the cheesecakes stored in the freezer for up to 1-2 weeks.
here’s everything you need to make Vegan Mini Vanilla Blueberry Cheesecakes
dairy free milk
old fashioned oats
if you love Vegan Mini Vanilla Blueberry Cheesecakes, then try these other recipes from my blog!
are you going to make my Vegan Mini Vanilla Blueberry Cheesecakes
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Vegan Mini Vanilla Blueberry CheesecakesCourse: Desserts, No Bake
12 medjool dates
1/3 cup runny almond butter
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp dairy free milk (add more if mixture is too thick)
2 and 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked for 2 hours in hot water then rinsed and drained)
3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup hemp hearts
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup room temp coconut oil
- blueberry compote
12 ounces frozen blueberries
1 cup water
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp chia seeds
- add the crust ingredients to a food processor and blend until a grainy consistency.
- then, add to parchment lined muffin cups and pat down.
- for the blueberry compote, add all ingredients but the chia seeds to a pan and once mixture comes to a boil, cook for 20 minutes on medium-low. be sure to stir often. then, after 20 minutes, add the chia seeds, cook another 5 minutes and cool down for at least 30 minutes.
- mix the filling ingredients in a high powered blender until a smooth and creamy texture forms.
- then, add a few spoonfuls on top of the crust and fill to the top.
- place in the freezer for 20 minutes, then add the blueberry compote on top. place back in the freezer for at least two hours. the cheesecakes can be stored in the fridge or freezer but i recommend the freezer in an airtight container, because that’s all i have tried. just let them thaw about 15-20 minutes before serving because the blueberries will be rock hard and icy.