we have The Best Vegan Cinnamon Rolls, which is the original version made with gluten and then lots of spin offs that are phenomenal. it was about time though that i added an epic gluten free version, so i bring you, The Best Vegan and Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls.
they’re ooey gooey, scrumptious beyond, delicate yet dense, delicious rolls that are made with NO gluten.
and ya know what? they’re just as good in my opinion! yes, the texture is different, but it’s still 10/10.
would i give you something that i didn’t think was 10/10? absolutely not.
for this recipe, the main ingredient you’re going to need is gluten free all purpose flour.
i did not use baking flour for this recipe by the way, just plain all purpose gf and the brand i used is Arrowhead Mills.
you will want to look at the formulation of the flours and make sure you’re using the same ones if you’re making your own or using a different brand.
the rolls will still turn out great with other brands, but to get this exact perfect texture, i would follow this recipe exactly.
just like my other rolls that use gluten, this recipe also requires yeast, which you shouldn’t be intimidated by!
i like Fleischmann’s rapid rise yeast, and as long as you don’t overheat the almond milk, all is well and the yeast will activate right away.
now after you’re done kneading the dough and making sure everything is well-combined, you may think the dough seems ever so slightly dry.
while it is a tiny bit more dry than my other rolls, I promise you, the rolls are anything by dry, they’re actually really moist!
the ingredients are super easy and you can get ahold of them at any grocery store! also, for the center, i made a vegan butter cinnamon and sugar glaze.
you don’t have to though! you can omit the butter and just use cinnamon and sugar.
also, i made a double batch of it and pour some on the top of the cinnamon rolls just before i baked them but again, not necessary.
HOWEVER, it’s just of sort of necessary IF you like your cinnamon rolls extra gooey and decadent.
here’s everything you need to make The Best Vegan and Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
- all purpose gluten free flour
- rapid rise yeast
- dairy free milk
- extra virgin olive oil
- organic cane sugar
- dairy free creamy yogurt (used kite hill)
- vegan butter
- coconut sugar or any kind works
- vegan cream cheese
- vanilla extract
now if that’s not super easy, i am not sure what is! The Best Vegan and Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls are PERFECT for a holiday morning breakfast, yay!
are you going to make The Best Vegan and Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
The Best Vegan and Gluten Free Cinnamon RollsCourse: Breakfast, DessertsDifficulty: Easy
recipe yields about 10 give or take!
1 packet rapid rise yeast (make sure yours is gluten free)
2 tbsp organic cane sugar
3 cups all purpose gluten free flour
1 cup + 2 tbsp dairy free milk
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup dairy free yogurt
- cinnamon filling (double recipe if you’re filling AND topping)
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup melted vegan butter
1 tbsp cinnamon (you can use less if that’s too strong for you)
1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
1/3 cup dairy free milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup organic cane sugar or powdered sugar
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- heat the almond milk in the microwave for 1-1.5 minutes. then, add the yogurt, sugar and olive oil and whisk together.
- add to a large mixing bowl with the yeast and whisk well. then, add the flour (1/2 cup at a time and stir). once the dough is mixed well, knead it for a couple of minutes.
- then, roll out into a large rectangle about 1/3 inch thick. mix the cinnamon filling ingredients and spread across the entire rectangle.
- starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. with a knife or string of floss, cut the dough into roughly 1.5- 2 inch sections and place in a greased 8×11 inch square baking pan. cover the top with plastic wrap, place in the fridge for a couple of hours. if you make a double batch of the cinnamon filling, you can drizzle that on top before placing in the fridge or just before placing in the oven.
- bake at 350 degrees for about 24 minutes. whisk the glaze ingredients together, pour on the top and enjoy! store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.