we have The Best Vegan Cinnamon Rolls, which is the original version made with all purpose flour and i have made lots of spin offs that are phenomenal.
now, anyone that eats gluten free can enjoy The Best Vegan and Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls!
they’re scrumptious beyond, delicate yet dense, made with wholesome ingredients and just all around delicious rolls that are made without gluten.
and ya know what? they’re just as good in my opinion! yes, the texture is different, but they’re still amazing.
for this recipe, the main ingredient you’re going to need is gluten free all purpose flour.
i did not use baking flour for this recipe by the way, just plain all purpose gf free 1:1 flour from King Arthur.
you will want to look at the formulation of the flours and make sure you’re using the same ones if you’re making your own or using a different brand.
the rolls will still turn out great with other brands, but to get this exact perfect texture, i would follow this recipe exactly if that’s possible.
just like my other rolls that use gluten, this recipe also requires yeast, which you shouldn’t be intimidated by!
i like Fleischmann’s rapid rise yeast but you can use regular non rapid rise as long as the dough has time to set!
here’s everything you need to make The Best Vegan and Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
gluten free all purpose 1:1 flour
organic cane sugar
apple cider vinegar
the ingredients are super easy and you can get ahold of them at any grocery store!
The Best Vegan and Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls are not too sweet by the way! they’re perfect because you taste the cinnamon and dough without it being overpowered by sugar.
the glaze is just powdered sugar, a splash of vanilla extract, vegan butter and almond milk- super easy!
you can make your own or even use store bought vanilla frosting.
if you love The Best Vegan Cinnamon Rolls, then try these other recipes from my blog!
are you going to make The Best Vegan and Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
The Best Vegan and Gluten Free Cinnamon RollsCourse: Breakfast, DessertsDifficulty: Easy
recipe yields about 10
1 packet yeast (make sure yours is gluten free)
2 and 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose 1:1 flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/3 cup organic cane sugar
1 cup dairy free milk
1/3 cup avocado oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- cinnamon filling (double recipe if you’re filling AND topping)
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4-1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp vegan butter melted
1-3 tbsp dairy free milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- heat the almond milk in the microwave for 1 minute. then, add the oil and apple cider vinegar & whisk together.
- add to a large mixing bowl with the yeast and sugar and whisk well. then, add the flour (1/2 cup at a time and stir). once the dough is mixed well, knead it for a couple of minutes.
- then, let the dough rise for an hour. next, roll out the dough into a large rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. tip- roll out between two pieces of parchment paper for an easy process. then, mix the cinnamon, maple syrup and vanilla extract and spread across the entire rectangle. sprinkle the coconut sugar on top.
- starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. with a knife or string of floss, cut the dough into roughly 1.5- 2 inch sections and place in a greased 9 x 13 inch square baking pan.
- bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. whisk the glaze ingredients together, pour on the top and enjoy! store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.