no meat, no problem! you won’t miss it, i promise. my recipe is packed with flavor, hearty, requires little prep time and minimal ingredients. Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers will no doubt be a hit with everyone, even picky eaters! i served them with vegan cheese, buns, lettuce, dijon mustard and hot sauce.
you will need a food processor to grind the sweet potato cubes into a grainy-like texture. the ingredient list includes black beans, sweet potato, oat flour, flax meal, dijon mustard, veggie stock and spices. can it get any healthier?
ingredients and directions
- 1.5 cups sweet potato cubes
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp oat flour
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- add the sweet potato cubes to a food processor and pulse until a grainy texture.
- add to a bowl and mix in everything but the black beans.
- once the mixture is well-combined, fold in the black beans, stir and form into patties (made 7). this mixture is on the wet side!
- bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- cool down completely- important so the patties can set! 🙂
- serve with your favorites and enjoy!