team we don’t want no boring salads. yep, you’re not going to find me eating a salad without some yummy toppings and an out of this world dressing.
honestly, it’s the dressing for me.
if there’s not a good… no actually phenomenal dressing on the salad i’m eating, thank you…next.
not to worry, not only is Easy Vegan Superfood Salad PACKED with superfoods and all of the nourishing planty thangs, but also the dressing is 10/10.
you’re probably asking, ok Mary, why is this salad better than the rest? well, here are some elements of Easy Vegan Superfood Salad that make it extra special!
Easy Vegan Superfood Salad
- is packed with hemp hearts, which are a good protein source
- roasted veggies for a cozy component
- dried mulberries, which are rich in vitamins and minerals
- avocados because healthy fats and they’re just the best
- arugula for a spicy kick
- pine nuts for the taste
- oh and THE BEST DRESSING IN THE WORLD
alright so this is the tahini based dressing that i might want to drink straight up. ok, lol, i probably won’t but holy tahini but it’s legit good enough to.
here’s a list of what’s in the dressing
best dressing you will ever taste
- runny tahini- get Trader Joe’s or soom foods
- barbecue sauce- i used primal kitchen and it doesn’t have added sugar
- apple cider vinegar
- sriracha because ya know, a little spiciness never hurt
- garlic powder
- sea salt
this makes plenty! alex and i are going to eat Easy Vegan Superfood Salad as our main meals but it could totally be a side salad. for a main, it will serve like 4-5 depending on portion size!
if you’re eating this as a side, definitely like 7 servings!
i really need to get caught up and add more salads to the blog because i truly make darn good ones.
no flimsy salads that only keep you full for 20 minutes, this one will tide you over because it’s super filling. the only other thing that would make this salad better is some crispy tofu. if you have some, i recommend!
there are going to be tons of amazing salads in my cookbook, so i’m really excited for that! also, here’s a couple of my faves from the blog!
i call it an autumn salad but you one billion percent can eat it year round. the only reason it’s called that is because of the pecans and sweet potatoes lol.
oh my gosh, this is a good one. the dressing is outstanding and it’s really fresh.
also an excellent choice! it’s on the lighter side but still packed with enough to keep you full
Easy Vegan Superfood SaladCourse: Lunch & Dinner, SaladsDifficulty: Easy
7 oz arugula or one bag
2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
6 oz sliced portobello mushrooms
1 large avocado
1/3 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup hemp hearts
1/3 cup dried mulberries
1/4 cup runny tahini
1 tbsp barbecue sauce
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp sriracha
1/3 cup water or vegetable stock
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp sea salt or to taste
- pre heat the oven to 400 degrees. drizzle a little bit of avocado oil on the sweet potato cubes and sliced portobello mushrooms and bake at 400 for 23 minutes.
- add the salad ingredients to a bowl, along with the roasted veggies once they cool down.
- whisk the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad. mix well, serve and enjoy!!