first, we had Healthy Vegan Mini Pumpkin Pies and now, it only gets better because….apple pies! please welcome Healthy Vegan Mini Apple Pies. they’re packed with fall spices, tons of scrumptious flavors and cozy warmth that hugs your soul.
the oat crust is a legit hybrid of graham crackers and cookies. it’s pretty unreal all around. it’s not just the taste that’s 10/10 because the buttery, flaky texture is heavenly too!
for this particular recipe, i kept things super basic and minimal, just like the rest of my recipes. no sugar overload, complex ingredients or long list of things. you’re just going to need apples, coconut oil, some spices, oat flour, flax meal, vegan butter and maple syrup. sounds awesome right?!
they keep super well in the fridge and you can warm the pies up before you enjoy! i recommend having vegan vanilla bean or caramel ice cream on the side. oh my gosh, i’m going to start drooling lol.
ok friends, have the best start of your weekend and stay safe! <3
Healthy Vegan Mini Apple Pies
1.5 cups oat flour
1/3 cup flax meal
1/3 cup melted vegan butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
- Apple Filling
3 cups chopped apples
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp all spice
- cook the apples in coconut oil on medium heat for five minutes.
- then, add all of the spices and sauté another two minutes.
- mix the crust ingredients in a bowl until a thick dough forms.
- grease muffin tins with coconut oil and line them with the dough (about 2 tbsp).
- press the dough into the bottom of the muffin tin and bring up a little along the sides. be careful not to spread it too thin though. should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- then, add the apple filling to the center of the pie crust. bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.