apple season is the best season of all and i am here for all of The Best Vegan Apple Pie Rolls!! they’re a fabulous apple take on The Best Vegan Cinnamon and I’m so excited to add these gems to the collection. from the ease of making the rolls to the incredible fall taste, there’s nothing not to love.
the dough is so amazing on these rolls y’all. it’s just slightly doughy in the center from the apple pie filling.
the further into the rolls you get, the more doughy and soft, yum, it’s just heavenly.
oh and then the filling, take a look at that closeup of the gooey maple syrup, fall spiced goodness that makes this recipe.
simple ingredients like vegan butter, maple syrup, apples, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract, almond extract and cinnamon make your kitchen smell like a dream.
i didn’t want the filling to ever stop cooking because of the smells alone, so can you image how delicious the taste is?
the center is basically caramelized apple syrup that you spread all over the dough before rolling it up. you can of course sprinkle extra sugar and cinnamon if you would like.
you can make the rolls the night before but if you can’t then just refrigerate them for a couple of hours at least :).
i ever so slightly under bake the rolls so they’re a little doughy but still have the classic cinnamon rolls texture. 25 minutes is the perfect amount.
every oven is different, so there are slight variations with baking times, you know your oven best and which texture you like most!
25 minutes was absolutely perfect for the slightly underbred texture in the center i wanted!
what all do you need to make The Best Vegan Apple Pie Rolls?!
- all purpose organic unbleached flour- SIDE NOTE: (no, i have not made these gluten free and they will not turn out well if you use gf all purpose).
- rapid rise yeast (one packet of Fleischmann’s)
- dairy free milk
- maple syrup
- extra virgin olive oil
- apple juice
- fuji or honey crisp apples
- pumpkin spice
- vanilla extract
- almond extract
- vegan butter
i do have a fabulous glaze recipe though that i will list in the recipe card.
i mean, they’re good enough that you don’t even need a glaze if you so choose.
are you going to make The Best Vegan Apple Pie Rolls?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
The Best Vegan Apple Pie RollsCourse: Breads, Breakfast, DessertsDifficulty: Easy
3 and 1/4 cups all purpose organic unbleached flour- SIDE NOTE: (no, i have not made these gluten free and they will not turn out well if you use gf all purpose).
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup apple juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
rapid rise yeast (one packet of Fleischmann’s)
2 medium honey crisp or fuji apples cut into small pieces
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup vegan butter
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1/3 cup plain vegan cream cheese
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup melted vegan butter
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- heat the almond milk in the microwave for 1.5 minutes. then, add the maple syrup, apple juice and olive oil and whisk together.
- transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl with the yeast and mix well. let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- add the flour (1/4 cup at a time and stir). once the dough is mixed well and somewhat sticky, transfer it to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball.
- on a lightly floured surface OR in between two pieces of parchment paper (what i did), roll out the dough into a thin rectangle (the thickness of the dough should be about 1/3 inch thick but slight deviations are ok!
- add all filling ingredients to a pan and cook on medium heat once it comes to a boil for about 13-14 minutes or until the mixture is sticky.
- add to the dough and starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. with a knife or string of floss, cut the dough into roughly 2 inch sections and place in a greased 9 x 13 inch square baking pan. the filling will run out of the center a little bit and that’s fine! cover the top with plastic wrap, place in the fridge overnight or for a few hours.
- then, bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. whisk the glaze ingredients together, pour on the top and enjoy! store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.