Cozy Vegan Holiday Lasagna Stew-it’s the type of stew that makes you feel happy, warm and totally cozy.
it’s packed with nourishing foods and is bursting with delicious flavors.
the stew is the perfect addition to your weekly routine as we transition into the holiday season!
this is a stew that is hearty, a little earthy and super tasty. i used butternut squash and butter beans feel free to use whatever you have on hand!
Cozy Vegan Holiday Lasagna Stew is very versatile and if you want to switch up the main staples, that totally works!
sweet potatoes and chickpeas would be fantastic alternatives!
as for the lasagna noodles, i used jovial foods cassava based ones because they’re both gluten-free and absolutely packed with nutrients!
Cozy Vegan Holiday Lasagna Stew is incredibly easy to make too! there’s no need for extensive cooking skills or elaborate preparations.
basically, you’re going to engage in a little bit of sautéing and then simply let the stew cook on the stovetop for about 40 minutes.
at the end, i highly recommend adding a cup of shredded vegan cheese.
the options are plentiful and just about any variety is going to taste delicious.
some vegan cheese brands/varieties that i love include miyoko’s, good planet, violife, whole foods 365 brand, daiya, forager, and more!
if you like my Cozy Vegan Holiday Lasagna Stew, you’ll also love these other recipes of mine!
are you going to make my Cozy Vegan Holiday Lasagna Stew?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Cozy Vegan Holiday Lasagna Stew
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
3 cloves minced garlic
4 cups cubed butternut squash
avocado oil for sautéing
one 15 ounce canned rinsed and drained butter beans or chickpeas
8 ounces vegan cream cheese
1/8 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
64 ounces vegetable broth
2 cups dairy free plain unsweetened milk
1 box lasagna noodles of your choosing (i used gluten free ones)
1 cup vegan shredded cheese for topping
fresh herbs if desired
- start out by sautéing the onions, butternut squash and garlic in avocado oil on medium high heat for a few minutes.
- then, add 8 ounces vegan cream cheese, 1/8 cup nutritional yeast, 1/2 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice and stir until the cream cheese melts.
- next, add the 64 ounces of vegetable broth and 2 cups unsweetened plain dairy free milk. once the stew comes to a boil, add the 15 ounces of butter beans or chickpeas.
- let the stew cook for about 15 minutes on medium heat and and stir periodically.
- then, break apart the lasagna noodles and add to the soup. cook for another 20 minutes until they’re tender and fully cooked through. the stew should be quite thick at this point.
- lastly, add the vegan shredded cheese, garnish as desired and enjoy!