hey hey hey! happy tuesday everyone. thrilled to share my newest savory recipe to the blog, Vegan Cheesy Broccoli Lasagna Rollups. they’re made with incredible ingredients and super delicious, you can’t even tell they’re vegan to be honest. the center is super easy to make and the rest of the ingredients you can use from your pantry!
this is my first lasagna rollup recipe and i couldn’t be happier with how it turned out.
the filling is so flavorful and the ingredient list is beyond wholesome. the base is made with cashews and broccoli or broccolini. either works just fine!
as far as marinara goes, you just need about 30 ounces. i used store bought and all in all, about 1.5 jars.
the nice thing about Vegan Cheesy Broccoli Lasagna Rollups is that they’re semi-homemade.
you can choose your favorite lasagna noodles and make sure they’re the ones you boil!
some are no boil and if you try to cook those, yikes. i just used organic ones from Whole Foods that are 365 brand.
the prep and cooking process is eeeeasy. you boil the noodles, make the filling in a food processor or blender, spread a generous spoonful on the noodles, roll them up and boom.
make sure you add some marinara to the bottom of the baking pan to coat it. this will prevent the rollups from sticking and also add moisture.
then, you can cover the lasagna rollups with more sauce and be sure to cover them entirely so that the noodles aren’t showing.
this will prevent the noodles from drying out while they’re cooked in the oven.
when it comes to vegan cheese, add anything you want to the top, but i shockingly didn’t have any on hand.
that’s ok tough, I did have nutritional yeast and just sprinkled some on top.
if you love my Vegan Cheesy Broccoli Lasagna Rollups , then check out these other recipes from my blog!
here’s everything you need to make Vegan Cheesy Broccoli Lasagna Rollups
- raw cashews
- 1 head of broccoli florets or broccolini
- onion powder
- vegetable broth
- herbs de provence
- sea salt and pepper
- lasagna noodles
- jarred marinara of choosing
are you going to make my Vegan Cheesy Broccoli Lasagna Rollups?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Vegan Cheesy Broccoli Lasagna RollupsCourse: Lunch & Dinner, Main Dishes, PastaDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box lasagna noodles
1 head steamed broccoli or broccolini florets
3/4 cup vegetable broth
2 cups raw cashews soaked in hot water for a couple hrs + rinsed/drained
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp herbs de Provence
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
sea sea salt and pepper
- about 30 ounces jarred marinara
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- boil the lasagna noodles according to package directions. you want them to be just about fully cooked.
- steam the broccoli or broccolini florets for 10-12 minutes until they’re tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- add all filling ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until a thick consistency and there are just tiny green particles present.
- add a generous spoonful to the lasagna noodles and spread along the entire noodle. then, roll it up.
- place marinara at the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish and add the rollups. coat all of the rollups with more marinara-you don’t want the noodles to be showing so they don’t dry out or burn.
- add vegan cheese if you would like & bake at 375 degrees for 22 minutes.
- store in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy!