who says cookies can’t be breakfast?!
these vegan and gluten-free oatmeal raisin breakfast cookies are an amazing way to start your day on a sweet note.
you’re going to feel like you’re eating something out of a bakery, it’s divine!
packed with wholesome ingredients and bursting with flavor, Vegan and Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies are convenient, nourishing, decadent and delicious all at the same time.
- oats: rich in fiber, oats help keep you feeling full and satisfied throughout the morning. they also provide a good source of complex carbohydrates, which supply steady energy.
- bananas: adding natural sweetness and moisture to the cookies, bananas are also a great source of potassium and vitamins b6 and c.
- almond butter: a creamy and nutritious addition, almond butter contributes healthy fats, protein, and vitamin e.
- dairy-free yogurt: providing creaminess and tanginess to the cookies, dairy-free yogurt adds probiotics for gut health.
- raisins: these little bursts of sweetness are packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, including iron and potassium.
- coconut sugar: a lower-glycemic alternative to refined sugar, coconut sugar adds sweetness without causing a rapid spike in blood sugar levels.
taste and texture:
these oatmeal raisin breakfast cookies boast a chewy texture with a perfect balance of sweetness and spice.
the combination of ripe bananas, creamy almond butter, and plump raisins creates a flavor profile reminiscent of classic oatmeal raisin cookies, but with a lighter twist!
how to make them:
simply mix mashed bananas, almond butter, dairy-free yogurt, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
add oat flour, oats, baking powder, coconut sugar, and raisins, and mix until a thick batter forms.
scoop the batter onto a baking sheet, flatten slightly, and bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for about 17 minutes. let cool before enjoying!
turning them into an oatmeal bake:
want to switch things up? transform these cookies into an oatmeal bake!
spread the batter in a greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 25 minutes, or until set and golden brown on top.
slice into squares and serve warm for a comforting breakfast casserole option.
feel free to customize these cookies to suit your taste and dietary preferences.
swap almond butter for another nut or seed butter, use different dried fruits in place of raisins, or experiment with alternative sweeteners like maple syrup or date paste.
whether enjoyed as cookies or baked into a hearty oatmeal bake, these vegan and gluten-free oatmeal raisin breakfast treats are sure to become a morning staple.
with their wholesome ingredients, delicious flavor, and versatility, they offer a nutritious and convenient way to kickstart your day.
if you love my Vegan and Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies, try these other dessert recipes from my blog!
are you going to make my Vegan and Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies!?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation!
be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Vegan and Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast CookiesCourse: Breakfast, Oatmeal
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup runny almond butter
1/2 cup very creamy dairy-free yogurt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 and 2/3 cups oat flour (use gluten free)
1 cup oats (use gluten free)
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup coconut sugar
3/4 cup raisins
lakanto powdered sugar substitute
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (175 degrees celsius).
- in a mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, almond butter, dairy-free yogurt, and vanilla extract. mix until well combined.
- add oat flour, oats, baking powder, coconut sugar, and raisins to the bowl. mix until all ingredients are incorporated and a thick batter forms.
- using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop out portions of the batter and place them onto a lined baking sheet, leaving space between each cookie.
- with slightly damp fingers, gently flatten each cookie to your desired thickness. bake in the preheated oven for about 17 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden brown around the edges.
- remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for at least 20-30 minutes. this allows them to firm and set.
- for the icing: in a small bowl, mix lakanto powdered sugar substitute with dairy-free milk until a smooth icing consistency is achieved.
- once the cookies have cooled completely, drizzle the icing over the top of each cookie.
- enjoy your vegan and gluten-free oatmeal raisin breakfast cookies with icing as a delicious and nutritious morning treat!