happy apple week day two!! today, we’re diving into a scrumptious treat that’s as easy to make as it is to enjoy: Epic Snickers-Inspired Apple Rings!
these out of control delicious apple rings combine the crispness of honeycrisp apples with a rich and gooey date peanut butter caramel, all topped off with a decadent drizzle of melted chocolate, a sprinkle of chopped peanuts, and a pinch of sea salt.
if that doesn’t sound absolutely amazing, then i am not sure what does!
Epic Snickers-Inspired Apple Rings can easily make four servings, so one ring each!
if you’re looking to serve more people, then you can always double the recipe :).
the taste of these epic snickers-inspired apple rings is an explosion of flavors in every bite.
the natural sweetness of honeycrisp apples is complemented by the creamy, nutty goodness of the date peanut butter caramel.
the addition of chopped peanuts adds a satisfying crunch, while the melted chocolate and sea salt elevate the overall taste to a new level of indulgence.
it’s the perfect balance of sweet, salty, creamy, and crunchy!!
apple variety options:
when it comes to making these epic snickers-inspired apple rings, you have some flexibility in choosing your apple variety. while honeycrisp apples are the best choice in my opinion due to their sweet, crisp, and slightly tart flavor, there are other options you can try as well.
fuji apples: if you prefer a sweeter apple with a firm texture, fuji apples are an excellent alternative. their natural sweetness pairs great with the caramel and chocolate.
gala apples: gala apples offer a milder sweetness and a thinner skin. they’re crisp and juicy too!
pink lady apples: for a perfect balance of sweet and tart, pink lady apples are a great option. their vibrant flavor adds a unique twist to the recipe.
granny smith apples: if you lean towards a more tart and tangy profile, granny smith apples can provide a nice contrast to the sweet caramel and chocolate.
the choice of apple variety ultimately depends on your personal preference and what you have on hand. feel free to experiment with different apple types to discover your favorite combination of flavors and textures for these Epic Snickers-Inspired Apple Rings.
while these epic snickers-inspired apple rings are undoubtedly a good treat a day later, they are at their absolute best when savored on the same day they are prepared.
here’s why: apple freshness: apples have a tendency to oxidize and turn brown when exposed to air. eating them on the same day ensures you experience the crisp, fresh texture and vibrant color of the apple rings!
here’s everything you need to make Epic Snickers-Inspired Apple Rings
- 1 and 1/2 or 2 honeycrisp apples, cut into thick slices
- a hole in the middle of each apple slice
date peanut butter caramel:
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1/3 cup runny peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp dairy-free milk (to thin out the caramel)
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- melted chocolate (i used unsweetened)
- sea salt
if you love Epic Snickers-Inspired Apple Rings, try these other recipes from my blog!
are you going to make my Epic Snickers-Inspired Apple Rings?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Epic Snickers-Inspired Apple RingsCourse: Snacks, Sweet
1 large honeycrisp apple, cut into thick slices
make a hole in the middle of each apple slice
date peanut butter caramel:
1/2 cup dates
1/4 cup runny peanut butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp dairy-free milk (to slightly thin out the caramel) but it should still be thick. you can add as much liquid as you want to make it thinner.
melted chocolate and more peanut butter if you would like for topping!
- start by slicing your honeycrisp apples into thick rings. make sure to remove the core and create a hole in the center of each slice. this will give you the perfect canvas for your snickers-inspired deliciousness.
- in a food processor, combine the dates, runny peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and dairy-free milk. blend until you achieve a creamy and luscious caramel consistency. if the caramel is too thick, add more dairy-free milk a tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired thickness.
- assemble your epic snickers-inspired apple rings. take each apple ring and generously spread the date peanut butter caramel over the top.
- for that classic snickers crunch, sprinkle chopped peanuts over the caramel-covered apple rings.
last but certainly not least, melt some chocolate and drizzle it over your apple rings
- to finish, don’t forget a pinch of sea salt to enhance all the flavors and create that perfect sweet-savory balance.