the best feeling ever is when you get healthier, vegan, homemade candy to taste nearly identical to candy bars you grew up with. between the date caramel, a slightly sweet mixed nut foundation and a delicious chocolate coating, Vegan Mixed Nut Candy Bars are absolute perfection. they freeze well too, but just thaw before eating!
i topped the candy bars with marshmallows and rainbow sprinkles, but anything goes! chocolate chips, peanuts, hemp hearts, you name it! they’re versatile and the best treat to have on hand.
as for the nut base and the date caramel, you make both layers in the food processor. super easy, minimal mess and quick prep time aka the best!!
have the best Wednesday ever and let me know if you make these gems!!
Vegan Mixed Nut Candy BarsCourse: Bars, DessertsDifficulty: Easy
1 cup roasted almonds
2/3 cup roasted cashews
2/3 cup roasted pecans
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/3 cup runny tahini
3 tbsp almond milk
3/4 cup almond flour
- date caramel
8 pitted large medjool dates
1/2 cup almond milk
- chocolate coating
3 oz dark chocolate
2 tbsp room temp vegan butter
1/3 cup almond milk
- add the ingredients in the first category to a food processor (nuts, tahini, maple syrup, almond flour and almond milk). blend until a grainy and sticky consistency forms.
- then, add to a parchment lined 8 x 8 baking tray and evenly distribute. place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- next, blend the date caramel ingredients in a food processor until a smooth texture forms. add on top of the nut layer.
- place in the freezer for one hour.
- melt the chocolate coating ingredients and then cut into bars. dip the bars into the chocolate coating and top with your favorites.
- place back in the freezer for a couple of hours and then enjoy! store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container and thaw before eating.