hi there, friends! today, i have such a special and mouthwatering harvest salad for you in time for fall!
Our Vegan Maple Sweet Potato and Bacon Harvest Salad is a melting pot of tastes and textures that’ll have your taste buds dancing with delight.
this gives such warm and cozy vibes, it’s the ultimate fall side salad!
the salad is a symphony of sweet potatoes, vegan bacon, baked tofu, and more.
i want to talk more about ingredients that i use and why!
let’s dive deeper into the delicious flavors of our Vegan Maple Sweet Potato and Bacon Harvest Salad and also the nutritional benefits they bring to this dish:
1. Baked Sweet Potatoes: sweet potatoes are the star of this salad. they bring a hearty, slightly sweet, and earthy flavor to the dish. they’re rich in dietary fiber, vitamins (especially A and C), and minerals like potassium. sweet potatoes provide a good source of complex carbohydrates, making them a satisfying and energy-boosting addition to the salad.
2. vegan bacon: vegan bacon adds a smoky and savory dimension to the salad. it’s often made from plant-based ingredients such as tempeh, seitan, or coconut, making it cholesterol-free and lower in saturated fats compared to traditional bacon! vegan bacon also offers the yummiest crunch and even some protein content.
3. baked tofu: baked tofu is a versatile protein source in this salad! tofu is known for its high-quality plant-based protein, making it a great choice for us vegans. it’s also a great source of essential amino acids, iron, and calcium. the baking process adds a slightly crispy texture and helps absorb the flavors of the dressing, it’s divine.
4. fire-roasted corn: fire-roasted corn kernels bring a smoky and slightly charred taste to the salad. corn is a good source of dietary fiber, vitamins like B-complex vitamins and vitamin C, and essential minerals such as manganese and phosphorus. it adds such a pretty color and sweetness to the dish. also, i buy frozen pre fire roasted corn and warm it up in the oven!
5. avocado: creamy avocado chunks provide a lush texture and a healthy dose of monounsaturated fats, which are heart-healthy fats. avocados are also rich in potassium, fiber, and various vitamins, particularly vitamin K, folate, and vitamin E. they add so much creaminess to the salad and balance the other textures.
6. vegan feta cheese: vegan feta cheese crumbles really make this recipe! they contribute a tangy and salty note to the salad. it provides a dairy-free alternative to traditional feta, often made from cashews or tofu. the saltiness is a much to balance out the sweetness.
7. maple syrup: maple syrup is the sweetening agent that ties the salad dressing together. it’s in moderation, it adds a touch of sweetness to the salad while offering some antioxidants and small amounts of minerals like manganese and zinc.
8. vegetable broth, ginger juice, minced garlic, dijon mustard, vegan mayonnaise: these ingredients combine to create a SUPER flavorful, creamy, and slightly tangy maple dressing. veggie broth enhances the depth of flavor instead of water, while ginger juice and minced garlic provide a hint of spiciness and warmth. dijon mustard adds tanginess, and vegan mayonnaise brings creaminess. together, they create a delectable dressing that complements the salad’s ingredients!
if you don’t have or want to use vegan mayo, you can definitely use vegan yogurt! be sure to choose one that is super creamy, like culina or cocojune!
when it comes to taste and ease of prep-🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 (5/5 stars)!
Vegan Maple Sweet Potato and Bacon Harvest Salad is an absolute breeze to make. it’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners, last-minute gatherings, or whenever you’re craving a delicious, nutritious, and hassle-free meal.
plus, with its vibrant colors and flavors, it’s just a stunning salad!
Vegan Maple Sweet Potato and Bacon Harvest Salad is
made with seasonal ingredients
nutritious and satisfying
100 percent vegan
vegan comfort food
quick and easy
perfect for a side dish
if you love my Vegan Maple Sweet Potato and Bacon Harvest Salad, then try these other recipes from my blog!
are you going to make my Vegan Maple Sweet Potato and Bacon Harvest Salad!?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Vegan Maple Sweet Potato and Bacon Harvest SaladCourse: Lunch u0026amp; Dinner, Salads, Side Dishes
2 medium sweet potatoes cut into cubes
14 ounces extra firm tofu
2 cups fire roasted corn
2 medium cubed avocados
8 ounces crumbled vegan feta
1 cup crumbled crispy vegan bacon (cook according to package and i used hooray foods)
handful of freshly chopped cilantro or parsley
1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp liquid aminos
1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp maple syrup
sea salt and pepper to taste
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- coat the tofu and sweet potato lightly in avocado oil and bake at 400 degrees for about 25-28 minutes.
- in a large salad bowl, add the cubed baked sweet potatoes, crumbled vegan bacon, baked tofu cubes, fire-roasted corn, diced avocado, and crumbled vegan feta cheese.
- whisk everything together until you have a smooth maple dressing.
- pour the maple dressing over your salad ingredients and gently toss everything together until they’re all coated in the dressing.
- store in the fridge in an airtight container and serve room temp and enjoy!