The Best Vegan Grilled Autumn Sandwich is the sandwich that bring about all kinds of autumn holiday happiness!
before going vegan, we would make sandwiches with thanksgiving leftovers when i was younger, and The Best Vegan Grilled Autumn Sandwich reminds me of those!
instead of turkey though, we are going to spare our sweet friends and opt for tofu.
the tofu SO GOOD! the tofu is breaded and baked until crispy perfection, i promise it’s better than turkey will ever be.
on top of breaded tofu, cranberry sauce comes in hot with The Best Vegan Grilled Autumn Sandwich. it’s homemade and done within about 10 minutes, that’s it.
other ingredients include some vegan cream cheese and spinach, which just compliment the sandwich really well.
you can absolutely get creative and add other things like stone ground mustard and other condiments.
if you want to get really fancy, you can even add some vegan stuffing, but that is just not my thing. i have never loved stuffing and not sure that i ever will, lol.
the savory tofu, slightly sweet yet quite tart cranberry sauce and sourdough bread are a match made in heaven.
you do not need to use sourdough bread but i HIGHLY recommend you do if you like the taste. there’s nothing better than a fresh loaf of sourdough bread from a bakery.
The Best Vegan Grilled Autumn Sandwich is grilled on the stove top just as you would make grilled cheese sandwiches.
if you have a sandwich presser or panini maker, go for it because that will only make things easier.
if you like The Best Vegan Grilled Autumn Sandwich, you’ll also love these other recipes of mine!
the recipe yields enough to make about three larger sandwiches. i base this on the tofu and put three pieces on each sandwich.
only two are shown because the third was eaten by Alex before i could even take pictures, ha!
you might have a little cranberry sauce leftover, but i doubt it if you add a generous amount like i did.
for the vegan cream cheese, you can use whatever brand you like. i went with tofutti.
while the breaded tofu has sea salt added to it, i HIGHLY recommend sprinkling some sea salt on the cream cheese after you spread it on the bread.
this will just elevate the flavor even more and bring out the sweet and tart flavors.
are you going to make The Best Vegan Grilled Autumn Sandwich!?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
The Best Vegan Grilled Autumn SandwichCourse: Lunch u0026amp; Dinner, Main Dishes, Protein
- breaded tofu
14 ounces extra firm tofu
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup oat flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
avocado oil for coating
- cranberry sauce
1 bag frozen cranberries
1 tbsp orange juice
3 tbsp agave
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup water
- vegan cream cheese of your choosing
- fresh spinach or arugula
- 6 pieces of sourdough bread slices
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- cut the tofu into between 1/3 and 1/4 inch thick squares and coat in avocado oil. mix the bread crumbs with the oat flour and seasoning.
- generously coat the tofu on both sides and shake off excess coating.
- place on a well greased baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. flip the tofu pieces and then bake another 20 minutes.
- for the cranberry sauce, add all ingredients to a pot and cook on medium heat on the stove for about 10-11 minutes or until a thick sauce forms. stir often!
- layer the sourdough bread slices with cream cheese and then sprinkle sea salt on top. then follow with spinach and cranberry sauce. lastly, add the three pieces of tofu and another slice of bread.
- cook on the stove top in avocado oil or evoo for a couple of minutes on each side until the bread is golden brown. enjoy!