i’m going to preface this post by saying, you can just skip the cookies altogether and eat the cookie dough lol. can you tell that i really wanted to do just that? well, i didn’t but i definitely took a heaping tbsp just so i could add some chocolate chips and eat “cookie dough.” while cookie dough is amazing, The Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies are even better, which says a lot.
wooooow. borderline speechless. the center, the texture, the flavor, the chocolate BUTTERCREAM. while i am always going to be team chocolate buttercream, you can definitely skip it or add something else to the top because the cookies happen to be wonderful on their own.
the dough is SUPER easy to work with too! it’s pretty thick and not sticky, so molding it into the perfect cookie should be no problem. the outside is harder but the inside is a soft, chewy dream!
the chocolate buttercream is really easy too! you’re just going to need chocolate chips, coconut oil and vegan butter. if you’re not into the chocolate buttercream, if you have coconut butter and a little bit of maple syrup + cinnamon….yum.
alrighty, i’m off the get that cookbook done for you! enjoy your day and i hope it’s the absolute best! if you make The Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies, be sure to tag me so I can repost on my IG stories!
The Best Peanut Butter Chocolate CookiesDifficulty: easy
2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp almond milk
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp vegan butter at room temp
- add the dry ingredients to a bowl and then mix in the wet ones.
- mix well until a thick dough forms.
- use about 2 tbsp for each cookie and mold into a cookie shape, then slightly flatten.
- bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes
- cool down completely and then add the buttercream.
- to make the buttercream, melt the chocolate chips with coconut oil.
- stir well and then mix in the room temp vegan butter.
- place in the fridge to firm up a bit and then frost the cookies.