forget the meat, try my SuperFood Veggie and Chickpea Loaf and you won’t regret it for a second!
you can catch me eating this postpartum on a weekly basis because it’s so warming and nourishing.
the loaf is made from predominately veggies, chickpeas and flax meal. it does not get better than that.
i absolutely love indulging around the holiday season because all vegan foods fit in my diet in moderation, but i always love coming back to wholesome foods.
SuperFood Veggie and Chickpea Loaf is topped with a homemade tahini ketchup sauce and i must say, it is divine.
trust me, the tahini and ketchup are matches made in heaven if you’re thinking that sounds like an odd combo.
while you can use any ketchup that you would like, i went with primal kitchen unsweetened ketchup! if you want a sweeter ketchup, just opt for another brand.
sir Kensington’s is really good too, and it is a bit sweet!
SuperFood Veggie and Chickpea Loaf bakes in the oven with aluminum foil on top for 35 minutes.
then, once it’s removed, the loaf is baked another 20 minutes, so 55 total.
it’s really important that you allow the loaf to cool down completely if you want clean pieces that cut well and don’t fall apart.
if that doesn’t matter to you and you want to eat SuperFood Veggie and Chickpea Loaf fresh out of the oven, go for it!
here’s everything you need to make SuperFood Veggie and Chickpea Loaf
if you like my SuperFood Veggie and Chickpea Loaf, you’ll also love these other recipes of mine!
are you going to make my SuperFood Veggie and Chickpea Loaf?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
SuperFood Veggie and Chickpea LoafCourse: Lunch u0026amp; Dinner, Main Dishes
- veggie and chickpea loaf
1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained (15 ounces)
1 cup finely chopped celery
2 large carrots finely chopped (3 if on medium side)
1/3 cup red onion finely chopped
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 cup flax meal
1/2 cup slivered almonds (can sub other nuts but chop into small pieces)
1/4 cup ketchup
- tahini ketchup
3/4 cup ketchup
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp liquid aminos
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- sauté the carrots, celery and red onion in the olive oil on medium high heat for 7 minutes or until slightly tender.
- pulse the chickpeas in a food processor several times until they become a grainy consistency.
- then, add the sautéed veggies, chickpeas and remaining ingredients other than the tahini ketchup to a mixing bowl.
- pack down into a parchment lined bread loaf pan. whisk the tahini ketchup ingredients together and add to the top.
- bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes covered with aluminum foil. remove the foil and bake another 20 minutes.
- cool the loaf completely before cutting into slices so that the loaf stays together.
- store in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy!