veggies, tofu, ginger, veggie broth, and pasta oh my! winter is coming and so is cozy soup szn. basically, i’ve been making cozy soups since October, but during the wintertime, soups are extra plentiful in my household. florida’s winter will probably be pretty mild, but it still gets kind of chilly and soup becomes v necessary.
there are some super cool ingredients in here that make the flavors extra bold and extra nourishing. fresh ginger adds a perfect spicy component and deep earthy flavors that really pull through in a subtle way!
what’s in this recipe + swaps:
- orange juice: fresh or store bought works
- veggie broth: i love the brand Pacific Foods
- liquid aminos: soy sauce also works
- fresh ginger: you can use lightly dried or ginger powder but flavor won’t be as good
- tofu: you can use tempeh or omit the tofu altogether, it adds a great texture though + protein
- veggies: i used zucchini, mushrooms, onions and broccoli but you can replace these with others if you want to
- sriracha: i used yellowbird from Whole Foods but any hot sauce should work too
- dijon mustard: you can swap with another kind of mustard
- avocado oil: the next best substitute is extra virgin olive oil
- garlic: i used store-bought minced but you omit it or use garlic powder
here’s some other amazing upbeetandkaleingit soups to try!
Healthy Vegan Broccoli Cheddar
Cozy Vegan Winter Soup is a dream in terms of taste, texture, ingredients AND the prep process. it’s easy as can be because all you have to do is sauté the veggies and garlic in avocado oil and then add the remaining ingredients. in a separate pot, you cook some pasta of your choosing and then when the soup is done, add the cooked pasta.
what other soup/stew recipes would you like to me make this winter? go ahead an either comment on my Instagram post or on this blog post with your suggestions! i’m always looking to create fun, new and easy recipes that everyone will enjoy!
have the best rest of your Saturday and tag me in your awesome remakes!!
Cozy Vegan Winter SoupCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 cups broccoli florets
3 cups zucchini cut into quarters
8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tbsp liquid aminos (add a little more ad the end if it’s not salty enough)
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp sriracha
2 cups cooked pasta (any works)
14 oz tofu cut into cubes
- sauté the veggies, ginger and garlic in the avocado oil for 12 minutes on medium heat.
- then, add everything else but the tofu and pasta.
- cook another 40 minutes and stir periodically.
- then, add the cooked pasta and tofu and cook an additional 5 minutes. enjoy!