hi there, lovely friends! today, i’ve got a delicious and super easy recipe for you: No Bake Double Chocolate Protein Bites.
these bites are the perfect snack or treat to satisfy your chocolate cravings while giving you a protein boost. and the best part? no baking required! let’s dive right into the ingredients:
- the protein powder brings a subtle richness to the bites, and you can choose between chocolate or vanilla for a customizable flavor.
- cocoa powder adds that unmistakable chocolatey depth, giving your bites that deep cocoa flavor.
- a touch of vanilla extract elevates the overall taste with its aromatic sweetness.
- medjool dates contribute a natural, caramel-like sweetness that binds everything together, so they’re really important!
- the runny peanut butter infuses a nutty creaminess that complements the chocolate perfectly. you can sub with almond butter, cashew butter or sunbutter!
- almond milk helps create a smooth, malleable texture that makes forming the bites a breeze.
these double chocolate protein bites boast a delish combination of textures. the base, with its blend of protein powder, cocoa, and almond milk, creates a soft and fudgy chewy interior.
the medjool dates play a crucial role in providing a natural stickiness, binding the ingredients together into a cohesive mixture.
the outer chocolate coating, made from melted chocolate and a touch of coconut oil, adds a contrasting layer of crispness.
it hardens nicely when chilled, resulting in a satisfying snap when you take that first bite.
why should you incorporate protein powder in your desserts?!
energy boost: protein treats can provide a quick and sustained energy boost, making them ideal for pre- or post-workout snacks.
muscle recovery: the protein in these treats aids in muscle recovery and repair after exercise.
satiety: protein promotes a feeling of fullness, which keeps you fueled longer!
blood sugar control: protein treats can help stabilize blood sugar levels, preventing energy crashes and sugar cravings.
nutrient-rich: protein treats often contain other nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats, offering a well-rounded snack option.
convenient: they are quick and easy to prepare, making them a convenient on-the-go snack option.
you can substitute oat flour for the protein powder in this recipe! oat flour adds a smooth, slightly nutty flavor and a pleasant texture, making it a great choice for kids or anyone looking for an alternative to protein powder.
it will still contribute to the overall structure of the bites while providing a wholesome, filling component to the recipe.
start with 1/2 cup and add more if needed, but it should work well as a 1:1 sub.
overall, these double chocolate protein bites are a yummm treat that satisfies your chocolate cravings while providing a protein-packed punch.
they’re the perfect blend of textures and flavors, making them a must-try for chocolate lovers and anyone seeking a wholesome snack with a touch of indulgence. enjoy! 🍫😋
if you love No Bake Double Chocolate Protein Bites, then try these other recipes from upbeetandkaleingitblog!
are you going to make my No Bake Double Chocolate Protein Bites?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
No Bake Double Chocolate Protein BitesCourse: Bites, Desserts, No Bake
6-9 servings depending on size. if you want to make these bites extra special for halloween, you can add them to silicone halloween molds for a festive touch. if not, roll the dough into bites.
1/2 cup protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 large medjool dates
1/3 cup runny peanut butter
1/2 cup almond milk
for the chocolate coating, you’ll need:
3/4 cup melted chocolate (to keep low sugar you can use unsweented)
1 tbsp coconut oil
- in a food processor, combine all ingredients but the chocolate coating and blend until you have a smooth and thick mixture. this will be the base of your double chocolate protein bites.
- take small portions of the mixture and roll them into bite-sized balls or place in silicone halloween molds. place these balls on a tray lined with parchment paper and pop them into the freezer for about 20-30 minutes. this will help them firm up a bit.
- while the protein bites are chilling in the freezer, you can prepare the chocolate coating. simply melt 3/4 cup of chocolate with 1 tbsp of coconut oil. you can add a base layer to silicone molds if you would like.
- once the protein bites are firm, take them out of the freezer and dip each one into the melted chocolate, ensuring they’re evenly coated. use a fork or a spoon to help with this process. place them back on the parchment paper to set.
- allow the chocolate coating to harden by placing the tray in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container and enjoy!