hello friends, as promised, here is my delicious Lightened Up Vegan Crunch Wrap Supreme recipe! it’s absolutely delicious and made with super minimal ingredients. this recipe is my healthier and vegan take on Taco Bell’s famous recipe.
you’re going to LOVE my Lightened Up Vegan Crunch Wrap Supreme for so many reasons.
the flavor combinations in wrap are absolutely out of this world.
from the vegan “meat” to the guac and pico de gallo, there are so many different textures and flavors.
you can take a few short cuts when it comes to the recipe by the way!
when it comes to the guac and pico de gallo, i just bought some from Whole Foods instead of making my own, but you totally can go with homemade!
the homemade “meat” for the crunch wrap supreme is made from cooked lentils, walnuts, black beans and store bought taco sauce.
i used vegan shredded queso cheese for the wraps, but you can use a liquid one! siete makes fabulous queso cheeses.
as for the burritos, use whatever you like from your local store, but i think you would have a hard time if you use siete or certain gluten free brands. a sturdy burrito is key for this recipe!
when i first tried this recipe, that’s what i used but the burritos very quickly fell apart, so i had to go with a non gluten free option.
Lightened Up Vegan Crunch Wrap Supreme can be pan fried in avocado oil or olive oil!
you can pan fry the wraps on medium heat for a couple of minutes on each side until both sides are crispy + golden brown.
also, i like to put something on top of the wraps to press them down hard into the pan! a small baking tray works perfectly!
if you love my Lightened Up Vegan Crunch Wrap Supreme, try these other savory recipes from the blog!
are you going to make my Lightened Up Vegan Crunch Wrap Supreme?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Lightened Up Vegan Crunch Wrap SupremeCourse: 30 Minutes, Lunch u0026amp; Dinner
- vegan meat
1 cup cooked lentils of your choosing
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 can rinsed and drained black beans
3/4 cup taco or enchilada sauce
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup store bought guac
- store bought or homemade pico de gallo
- 1 bag vegan shredded queso (used forager) or vegan nacho cheese like siete
- 4 large burritos of your choosing
- 4 hard taco shells
- sauté the onions in avocado oil for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- then, add the rest of the vegan meat ingredients and cook on medium heat for about 6-7 minutes.
- add a generous amount of the vegan meat to the center of a large burrito. then, layer on the guac, pico de gallo, and vegan cheese.
- top that with a hard taco shell (broke the shell in half), and cut out a small tortilla from the burrito wraps to place on top of the hard taco shell. you want a soft tortilla on top so the ingredients don’t spill out.
- then, fold the edges over that and carefully place in a pan for frying. fry in avocado oil or olive oil for a couple of minutes on medium heat on each side or until the burrito is golden brown.
- serve with your favorites and enjoy!