new meal idea! High Protein Eggless Salad Melt and it’s UNREAL!
this eggless salad melt recipe uses tofu, vegan mayo, hummus, vegan cream cheese, curry powder, nutritional yeast, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt.
this tasty creation can be served on sourdough bread and then melted to perfection with vegan cheese in the oven. it’s a plant-based gem that won’t have you missing eggs at all!
the protein in this melt mainly comes from tofu, a versatile plant-based source of protein.
the combination of tofu, vegan mayo, hummus, and vegan cream cheese provides a substantial protein boost, making it a great choice for those looking to increase their protein intake without using eggs or animal products.
additionally, nutritional yeast, a common ingredient in vegan dishes, adds a nutty and cheesy flavor while contributing extra protein to the mix.
this high-protein combination makes the eggless salad melt a satisfying and nutritious option for those following a vegan or vegetarian diet!
when it comes to vegan cheeses, oh my goodness, you have several options to choose from to create a melty, gooey topping for your eggless salad melt!
popular choices include vegan cheddar, mozzarella, pepper jack, or any other plant-based cheese of your preference.
these dairy-free cheese alternatives are usually made from ingredients like nuts, soy, coconut, or tapioca starch!
vegan cheeses can be tricky, so it’s best to experiment with different brands and varieties to find the one that suits your taste best.
you can enjoy this High Protein Eggless Salad Melt a bunch of different ways!
- plain: you can savor the flavors of this high-protein eggless salad melt as is, there’s tons of flavor. maybe add something crunchy like apples and celery!
- sandwich: assemble the salad melt between two slices of bread instead of a melt-whatever you prefer.
- wrap: for a twist, spread the eggless salad melt mixture on a large tortilla or flatbread, add some greens and veggies, and roll it up to create a tasty wrap.
- open-faced: spread the salad mixture on a slice of sourdough bread, top it with vegan cheese, and broil it for a few minutes to create an open-faced sandwich with a crispy, cheesy topping.
- salad topping: use the salad mixture as a protein-packed topping for a green salad or a bowl of grains like quinoa or rice. It adds a creamy and flavorful element to your salad.
- crackers: serve the eggless salad melt on crackers or crostini for a delightful appetizer or snack.
if you love my High Protein Eggless Salad Melt, then try these other recipes from my blog!
are you going to make my High Protein Eggless Salad Melt!?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
High Protein Eggless Salad MeltCourse: Lunch u0026amp; Dinner, Protein
1 block (14 oz) firm tofu, drained and pressed
1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
3 tablespoons hummus
1/4 cup vegan cream cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (adjust to taste)
4 slices of sourdough bread
Vegan cheese (as much as desired) i used good planet pepperjack and miyoko’s vegan mozzarella
- spreheat the oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F
prepare the tofu: Crumble the drained and pressed tofu into a mixing bowl. You can use a fork or your hands to achieve a crumbled egg-like texture.tart by toasting the bread either on the stove top or in the oven, you want them firm.
- mix the salad base: add the vegan mayo, hummus, vegan cream cheese, curry powder, nutritional yeast, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt to the crumbled tofu. Mix everything together until well combined. Taste the mixture and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- assemble the sandwiches: lay out 4 slices of sourdough bread on a baking sheet. Spread a generous amount of the tofu salad mixture onto four of the bread slices. Top each with vegan cheese.
- bake in the oven: put the sandwiches in the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the bread vegan cheese is melted to your liking! i broiled mine for about a minute at the end!