ah, it’s friYAY & i’ve been looking forward to it all week, especially this week because… need i say more? last night, i made this glorious mixture full of tuscan kale, cremini mushrooms and chickpeas to get my weekend started on a good note. Creamed Kale with Mushrooms and Chickpeas feels like total comfort food, kind of like creamed spinach vibes? yes, like that but way healthier, vegan and packed with veggies, legumes and greens!
the entire time i was making Creamed Kale with Mushrooms and Chickpeas, all i could think about was the crispy sourdough that i would toast to perfection to pair with this deliciousness. it does not disappoint! the combination is the perfect merriment of flavors. you can use any bread though, or, omit the bread part completely because it’s delicious on its own!
isn’t that toast beautiful!? also, in order to turn this into a full meal, i think mixing Creamed Kale with Mushrooms and Chickpeas + pasta is the move. dang, that would be a hearty lunch or dinner.
so what’s the creamy sauce made from? ah, glad you asked. it’s raw cashews, veggie broth, basil, nutritional yeast, spicy mustard, liquid aminos and garlic. easy as can be to put together because you throw everything into a food processor.
alrighty my awesome friends, have a great day and be sure to tag me if you make Creamed Kale with Mushrooms and Chickpeas!
Creamed Kale with Mushrooms and ChickpeasCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
10 oz tuscan kale but any works
8 oz cremini mushrooms cut into small pieces
1 cup vegetable broth
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas rinsed and drained
- Cashew Sauce
1/2 cup raw cashews soaked in hot water for 1 hour and drained
handful fresh basil
2/3 cup vegetable stock
1 tsp spicy brown mustard
1 tbsp liquid aminos
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- add the kale, mushrooms and vegetable stock to a large pan and cook on medium heat for 6 minutes with the lid on.
- then, remove the lid and add the chickpeas.
- cook another 22 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- add all sauce ingredients to a food processor and blend until a creamy consistency forms.
- pour over the veggies, kale and beans and mix well to ensure everything is evenly coated.
- serve with sourdough toast, pasta or on its own and enjoy!