what do you need for dinner? Vegan and Gluten Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Pumpkin Sauce
in this recipe, we’ll guide you through crafting pillowy sweet potato gnocchi, adorned with a delicious pumpkin sauce.
the taste of this dish is a DREAM! the recipe is a blend of earthy sweetness from the sweet potato gnocchi, complemented by the rich and creamy notes of the pumpkin.
each pillowy gnocchi, lightly crispy from sautéing, carries the essence of the sweet potato, creating a comforting base.
the pumpkin sauce adds a layer of depth with its earthy pumpkin, cashew milk, and a hint of garlic, resulting in a sauce that’s both vibrant and savory.
it’s dishes like Vegan and Gluten Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Pumpkin Sauce that making eating plant-based so rewarding, you’re just going to love this!
have you ever made homemade gnocchi? making gnocchi is not hard, we promise! let’s walk through the process!
start by boiling sweet potato pieces until they’re tender. you’re going to end up needing 2 and 1/2 cups mashed.
once the sweet potatoes are cooked/mashed, add 1 cup gluten-free oat flour and 2-3 tbsp corn starch or arrowroot to the potatoes.
mix the ingredients together to form a dough. try not to over-mix because the gnocchi can become gummy and that wouldn’t be good!
simply divide the dough into smaller portions and roll them into logs. cut the logs into bite-sized pieces to create the gnocchi.
then, bring a pot of water to a boil and add the gnocchi. cook for 2-3 minutes or until they float to the surface. remove the gnocchi from the boiling water and drain.
for optimal texture, we recommend sautéing the gnocchi in olive oil or avocado oil for a few minutes until the outside is a little crispy.
it’s truly that simple and everyone will think you spent HOURS creating this dish.
so, as far as the pumpkin sauce, if pumpkin isn’t your preference, fear not—there are plenty of other vegan sauce options to pair with your sweet potato gnocchi.
maybe consider a velvety tomato-based marinara, bursting with the sweetness of ripe tomatoes and aromatic herbs.
or, delve into a creamy vegan Alfredo, where cashews or cauliflower can create a silky base enriched with garlic and nutritional yeast.
for a zesty twist, a lemony tahini sauce could be the perfect choice, offering a balance of tangy and savory notes.
if you crave a smoky kick, a roasted red pepper sauce might be your go-to, blending the bold flavors of charred peppers with garlic and a touch of spice.
experiment with different combinations of ingredients, that’s what really makes eating vegan/plant-based fun :).
if you love my Vegan and Gluten Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Pumpkin Sauce, then try these other recipes from my blog!
are you going to make my Vegan and Gluten Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Pumpkin Sauce?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Vegan and Gluten Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Pumpkin SauceCourse: 10 Ingredients, Lunch u0026amp; Dinner
serves 3 as an entree and 4-6 as a side dish
2 and 1/2 cups mashed sweet potato (boiled until tender)
1 and 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
2-3 tbsp corn starch or arrowroot
1/2 tsp sea salt
optional: other seasonings to taste
oil for sautéing:
olive oil or avocado oil
creamy pumpkin sauce ingredients:
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup vegan cream cheese
1 tbsp tahini
1 tsp miso paste
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
1/3 cup shredded vegan cheese if wanted
salt and pepper to taste
- start by boiling 2 and 1/2 cups mashed purple sweet potato until tender. once the sweet potatoes are cooked, add 1 cup gluten-free oat flour and 2-3 tbsp corn starch or arrowroot to the potatoes.
- mix the ingredients together to form a dough. be careful not to overmix to prevent the gnocchi from becoming gummy.
- divide the dough into smaller portions and roll them into logs. cut the logs into bite-sized pieces to create the gnocchi.
- bring a pot of water to a boil and add the gnocchi. cook for about 3 minutes or until they float to the surface.
remove the gnocchi from the boiling water and drain.
- for optimal texture, sauté the gnocchi in olive oil or avocado oil for a few minutes until the outside is a little crispy.
- for the pumpkin sauce, add all ingredients to a pot. cook over medium heat, stirring continuously until the mixture is heated through. this should take a few minutes once the mixture comes to a boil.
- adjust the ingredients to achieve the desired flavor and consistency. pour the creamy pumpkin sauce over the sweet potato gnocchi and savor the deliciousness of your new vegan and gluten-free creation!