ah, vegan meatballs, one of my all-time favorite recipes to whip up in the kitchen. many vegan meatballs have a lentil base, including one of my own delicious recipes in my upcoming cookbook. lentils are wonderful but i wanted to give you all a lentil-free option too! carrots, oats, raw cashews, tahini, green onions, liquid aminos, garlic and veggie stock make up Healthy Vegan Meatballs!
how amazing and minimal do Healthy Vegan Meatballs sound? the preparation and baking process is easy too. you make the meatballs in a food processor, mold into meatballs and bake them in the oven!
when it comes to pasta and marinara pairings, the options are endless. since i put effort into making the vegan meatballs, i’m all for a shortcut when it comes to the sauce and pasta! Alex and i ate Healthy Vegan Meatballs with brown rice noodles and organic store-bought marinara. it was glorious!
ugh, that closeup, aren’t they delicious!? seriously, who even needs meat with these gems?
alright my friends, have the most amazing day and run to the kitchen to make Healthy Vegan Meatballs!
ingredients + directions
- 1 cup sliced rainbow carrots
- 1 cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup creamy tahini
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 3 small minced garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- add all ingredients to a food processor and blend on high until everything is well-combined.
- the carrots and oats should be a finer, grainy texture.
- add to a bowl and use a heaping tbsp amount to form into vegan meatballs.
- add to a parchment lined baking tray and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- cool completely and then add to your favorite pasta dish with marinara.