cookies make the world a better place, am i right? Healthier Vegan Monster Cookies are the weekend treat you didn’t know you needed. with few ingredients, bold flavor and a texture out of this world, ya need to try!
idk about you but i need a cookie or two pretty frequently in my life. these are the best cookies to have on hand! you can freeze Healthier Vegan Monster Cookies and then just warm them up when you want to snack!
if you really want to get fancy, buy your favorite ice cream and crumble a couple monster cookies on top…but don’t stop there! a generous drizzle of peanut butter toooooo and DANG.
monster cookies are so flippin’ good and were one of my favorite kinds of cookies before going vegan, but i had yet to find any good vegan ones! aaaand what do we do? take it upon ourselves to make our own.
forget the bakery, these are it. they are legit and taste like typical cookies you would find at a cafe or bakery, i really got the texture right in my opinion.
these healthier vegan monster cookies are:
- dairy-free, egg-free and gluten-free (make sure the candy you use is gf too!)
- perfectly sweet and scrumptious from decadent and creamy almond butter + maple syrup
- golden-brown on the outside but baked to perfection
- made with much better for you ingredients than standard, non-vegan ones
- can be made in no time- just 7 minutes of prep!
- a cookie that will make your day a little better
made a video for you below, yay! thinking that it’s going to have to be a reel posted to IG! love showing you the process and based on your feedback, you love it too!
just nice to see what goes into making something and can help clarify confusion when it comes to the prep process!
so on top of the candy eminem-like things lol (brand is Unreal), i added some chocolate chips just for decor on top! now, i sort of wish that i would of included some in the batter too! that’s ok, next time.
you can use another nut butter
i happened to use salted almond butter from Trader Joe’s but use whatever the heck you have on hand. peanut butter would be just as good….dare i say, better?!
just make sure whatever you use is on the RUNNY side! this is important because there isn’t any almond milk or anything.
cookie sizing and baking time
my recipe made 10 small-medium cookies. i would say i used about 3 tbsp worth of dough, slightly flattened and then baked for 12 minutes.
depending on the size of yours, ten minutes might be better or if they’re large, 14 minutes! start with 10 and take it from there.
are you going to make Healthier Vegan Monster Cookies?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business. also, you can follow upbeetandkaleingit on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more vegan recipes!
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Healthier Vegan Monster CookiesCourse: Cookies, DessertsDifficulty: Easy
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup all purpose gluten free flour
(used Trader Joe’s and make sure you’re using the same blend as me because they differ)
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup melted vegan butter
1/3 cup runny almond butter (make sure it’s runny- used Trader Joe’s). if yours is not runny, maybe add a little bit of almond milk to the batter but texture might be different.
1/3 cup dark chocolate gems- see post for brand
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- add the dry ingredients to a bowl and them mix in the wet ones.
- the batter is on the wet side but not sticky and easy to mold into a cookie. use about 3 tbsp, roll into a ball and flatten a bit. add more gems or chocolate chips to the top.
- bake for 12 minutes but possibly less or more depending on size. i recommend starting at 10 and monitoring. make sure you allow the cookies to COOL completely so they set and are sturdy.
- store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer and enjoy!