the majority of us love pb and j or some sort of variation, so please welcome an upgraded version, Amazing Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies!
oh my gosh, these cookies are my greatest accomplishment this week lol! they’re actually based on a recipe that i made about a year ago- some peanut butter cookies actually.
the cookies were great but since they are low in sugar, they needed a lil extra something. well that lil extra something is yummy, gooey jam or jelly + another thiiiiick layer of peanut butter.
also, i should note that the cookie dough would actually make an excellent no bake bite recipe.
personally, i would add something more to give the dough more sweetness, like chocolate chips would be perf!
you could also do raisins or a bunch of nuts, seeds and dates, yum! just another idea :).
so the actual cookie is beyond simple and made with minimal ingredients that you likely have on hand if you bake vegan!
if not, everything can be found in just about every grocery store!
you’re going to need:
- almond flour
- all purpose gluten free flour (i used Arrowhead Mills, so it would be important to use that same blend because different brands vary)
- baking powder
- maple syrup
- almond extract and vanilla works too
- very creamy and runny peanut butter- trader joes or whole foods 365 are great
- almond milk or any unsweetened dairy free milk
if you are a regular here on upbeetandkaleingit, you know that i’m into all things peanut butter!!
not everyone can eat it though, so i’m going to make more nut free recipes this year.
if you can eat it and you’re a total peanut butter lover like me, this recipe is an absolute must try!!
here are some other peanut butter dessert recipes from my blog that you can try too!
The Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Thumbprint Cookies
the cookies don’t take long to bake at all, only 12 minutes! mine are definitely on the medium-small side and i was able to make 5 cookie sandwiches.
if you want to get more out of the recipe, just make yours smaller but remember your baking time will be less, so be sure to monitor.
the texture is perfect because the outside is slightly hard but when you bite into the cookie….oh my gosh, that center is soft, chewy goodness.
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business. also, you can follow upbeetandkaleingit on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more vegan recipes!
i’m trying my best to use Pinterest more and more, so definitely check out my page to see what i’m pinning. super into vegan home decor and fashion lately.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Amazing Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly CookiesCourse: Cookies, DessertsDifficulty: Easy
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour (see post for brand)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp almond or vanilla extract
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup creamy and runny peanut butter (see post for brand)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or any dairy free milk
- raspberry or strawberry jam for filling (1 tbsp for each cookie)
- more peanut butter for filling
- pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- take a spoonful (about 2.5 tbsp) of dough and roll it into a ball. flatten a bit to about 1/3 inch thick and use a fork to create grid marks.
- place on a parchment lined baking tray and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes (depending on size though, time can vary- just monitor after 10 min)
- allow the cookies to cool down completely and then add a tbsp of jelly/jam of your choosing and peanut butter.
- store in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy!